Kieselstein Cord

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hee hee. Bella1, you are so funny. They are kind of 'alive', aren't they?

2. As I recall, when I was selling handbags, they were about $1,500 and up, and we didn't sell a one while I worked in that particular store. They were stunning bags, but oh the prices!

3. I notice that they go for very high $s on ebay too, even if damaged or used! People collect them.

4. There's an alligator or crocodile version as well, with the feet. I'm partial to frame bags, so I like it, but don't have one--not sure why, but I don't.

5. I like KC, so Town & Country!

6. Wow. This is like a blast from the past. Kieselstein Cord used to be a mainstay of W's fashion and social coverage circa 1990, and I haven't even thought about the company since the mid-90s when I moved out of NY. The only place that I'd ever seen the bags was at Bergdorf's. They seem to serve an entirely upper east side/jetsetty demographic, don't they?

7. Yeah... but didn't they startup a lower-end jewelry division (sterling silver stuff) a few years back? The daughter modeled for the advertisements. The jewelry totally reminded me of bad David Yurman of Brighton.

8. Yes, the jewelry thing and the high society daughter -- that's been the main thing about them in recent years. The daughter gets photographed for InStyle, standing around in poses with other wealthy types. She had some ditzy quote, a while back. She's a New Yorker and she wasn't even aware of who was currently mayor -- so she was featured for her ditzy ways.