Kieselstein Cord

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
A major luxury brand, obviously, and major $$s:amazed: . There's something ugly-beautiful about the classic 'trophy bag' to me:P . It's sort of gothic, in a way. But also, the whole 'classic alligator bag' is going on, and I admit that I like the gator handle.

Attachments

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
AZ
It's not bad..they are cute! I probably would need a 3rd mortgage to buy one though! Ha!

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
Yes. Quite big league money. And not exactly available everywhere, either!

There's something fascinating to me, particularly about the trophy bag. It's so old-fashioned stodgy, yet... not entirely so. To me, anyway!

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
Yeah. I know there's something thoroughly ugly about it. Yet it attracts me, Intl -- it's a strange attraction, like I said. The price protects me from myself, anyhow.

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Chicago
melisande said:
Yeah. I know there's something thoroughly ugly about it. Yet it attracts me, Intl -- it's a strange attraction, like I said. The price protects me from myself, anyhow.
hehehhee! There's something very matronly about those bags in a way that's entirely non-ironic like Chanel bags sometimes can be when carried by a younger woman. Know what I mean?

And that prohibitive price-tag practically requires that you save until you're 70 anyway!

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
The Biltmore model, (for e.g.) is $4295.00, Bags-Of-Fashion.

And, actually, I agree with you. I think you are far wiser than I!

bella1

O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
The feet scares me. As if when it becomes dark, they'll crawl and walk out of their shelves and attack!

Bagpuss

Dec 30, 2005
I kind of like the brown one- Miranda? It's unusual. The others remind me of Hermes or Chanel with a twist.