Keep or let go, oak Bayswater Darwin or NVT croc…

I must downsize, put my 20 year old oak Darwin Bayswater up for sale. Then regretted when I had a buyer so called it off. Said I would consider letting my oak NVT croc embossed go instead of the Darwin, but I am really hesitant, can’t decide! Help!

IMG_5002.jpeg

I’m basing my choice purely on the fact that I don’t like exotics or ‘faux exotic’ (!!) I would keep the Darwin Bays. I can understand why you would have sellers remorse. It’s beautiful :heart:
Thanks for your opinion, I think I agree with you. I feel like the old Darwin one is (on the verge of being) too worn out, though, but I really love the old girl

Reactions: tlj81
Could you put her in for a spa and see how you feel? Corners etc look fine and the handbag clinic does clean ups (don’t know how much they cost).
Maybe? Corners are fine, nothing really to note other than her dark colour and slouchy look. But she is almost 20 years old, so wear and tear must be expected.. Would you, too, lean towards keeping the old girl, @24shaz ?

Last edited:
Maybe? Corners are fine, nothing really to note other than her dark colour and slouchy look. But she is almost 20 years old, so wear and tear must be expected.. Would you, too, lean towards keeping the old girl, @24shaz ?
Yeah, I would - the croc is in better condition, but I’m guessing that’s because you’ve loved and used the Darwin much more. I’d be tempted to spruce up the Darwin and sell the croc.

actually the more I look at her, the more I think she looks fine, perhaps changing the lockplate (£90 ish from mulberry) wouLD make her glow a bit more?

Reactions: Queenofeverything
Yeah, I would - the croc is in better condition, but I’m guessing that’s because you’ve loved and used the Darwin much more. I’d be tempted to spruce up the Darwin and sell the croc.

actually the more I look at her, the more I think she looks fine, perhaps changing the lockplate (£90 ish from mulberry) wouLD make her glow a bit more?
You are right. I’ll look into giving the Darwin a facelift. Can’t part ways with it. The croc must go!