Scarves Just say 'no' to Brides de Gala - what reissues do we really want?

Savana Dance in a 90cm would be great. And Tyger Tyger, I totally missed that one. Could I also get another crack at the soft rose/pastel colorway of Samourais?
I'm encouraged by the "modernized yet still classic-looking" reissues of "classic-classics" such as Promenades de Paris and Les Bassets. More de Poret please! And others from that era.

The first three designs that jumped into my mind were Turandot, in both twill 90 cm and in the c/s shawl format, as well as La Femme aux Semelles de Vent, in twill 90 cm, as well as the c/s shawl format, and specifically the gray/black color way as a c/s shawl. Lastly Urashima Taro in either twill 90 cm, c/s shawl, or mousseline etole.
Hear hear on the La Famme! It was the first one that I thought of as well

So many great ideas! I own one Brides de Gala (dip dye) and zero Ex Libris, although the kimono one was great. I also could do without more reissues of Chasse and Inde and Clic Clac.

For a while, H was reissuing some of the older Annie Faivre designs - she's a big favorite of mine, and I was glad to pick up Jardins d'Hiver, Voyage en Etoffes without having to worry about authenticity on the resale market. I wish they would go back to that "mine", and reissue Dômes Célestes, Ballets Russes, L'Art des Steppes or Rencontres Océanes.

In a very different style, I'd love to see a reissue of Tsubas and Tourbillons by Christiane Vauzelles, and Courbettes et Cabrioles by Françoise Façonnet.
I guess my tastes don't change much! I still want to see these reissued, although I managed to pick up a never worn Ballets Russes from a resale site.

I was pleased to see some Vladimir Rybaltchenko and Philippe Ledoux designs reissued this year - I'd love to see some more, even in the wash silk!

African masks in CSGM and the discontinued plisse
the colorway with white blue and some tawny highlights

coupons indiennes in 140 silk or mousse line GM would be amazing

voiture transform In white, blue and black In 140 silk or CSGM

my fantasy scarf would be ex libris CSGM but in the colorway H only did in a tiny pocket square. Navy, black and a bit of white.

tohu B in ice gray csgm (which I bought in its original boutique form and consigned away twice) don’t know what I was thinking

reissue in CSCM of Gibiers Henri De Linares. The feathers are so beautiful on the one reissue I’ve seen from the 1990s.

thank you for bumping this, @Meta
Great list!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880 and Etriers
Pegase Pop, Please Check In, Zebra Pegasus, Tigre Royal, and Les Folies du Ciel are some of the designs that H has reissued be it for this season or a recent season that've been mentioned on this thread.

Also, pleased to see that H is making new format of 70cm mousselines as well, albeit in very limited cws and a return of 140cm mousselines similar to years past that isn't in gradiation/block of colors or a sole color with simple design overlaid.

So what would you like to see reissued for upcoming seasons? :smile:

Whenever I see this thread pop-up again, the title never fails to make me laugh! :biggrin: I wish they would bring back the dip-dye/surtient scarves. I just love the weighty and sumptuous feeling of the fabric, and luxurious yet relaxed appearance. Maybe the wash scarves are a bit similar? Have not tried those...
I forgot to mention that there were some dipdyes silks recently too. Although, reference code was for the color and one couldn't pick the design unless buying in store. The wash silks doesn't have the same velvety feel of the dipdyes (or at least it didn't feel that way in my experience? :shrugs:)

I forgot to mention that there were some dipdyes silks recently too. Although, reference code was for the color and one couldn't pick the design unless buying in store. The wash silks doesn't have the same velvety feel of the dipdyes (or at least it didn't feel that way in my experience? :shrugs:)

Ah, yes, I do remember those recent dip-dye options! Seemed they were possibly trying to move old stock? Many thanks for your thoughts on the wash silks and how they compare. So happy to own some dip-dyes, especially a 140! :love: Love them!

Pegase Pop, Please Check In, Zebra Pegasus, Tigre Royal, and Les Folies du Ciel are some of the designs that H has reissued be it for this season or a recent season that've been mentioned on this thread.

Also, pleased to see that H is making new format of 70cm mousselines as well, albeit in very limited cws and a return of 140cm mousselines similar to years past that isn't in gradiation/block of colors or a sole color with simple design overlaid.

Hi, Meta! I don’t see the 140 mousselines on the season list. Did I miss that info somewhere? Would love to know which designs if anyone knows!

Reactions: Etriers

Apart from La Femme (aSdV)

I'd like some more Jean-Louis Clerc like Concerto and La Danse (I already have some of the designs featuring horses) and AF's Ballet Russe. Any reissues of music, opera, ballet and dance themes would be nice. Even a reissue of SS22 just out Premiere Chants in grown-up cws.

I found some HGs so I don't care about reissues now have Passage a Moscou in a perfect cw, another Peg d'H in purple, Amazones, les Plumes, Cirque de Mollier moussie in fab cw and so on.

Other than that, I've done pretty well with reissues of Dallet's Equateur (Wash) Quadridge variation with less scary eyes 70, my HG Cassandre Perspectives and a spectacular 140 twill Pegase d'Hermes en Bloc.

Here’s a few. But only in the original form as the artist intended. No wash, Remix, dots, hearts or any other nonsensical ruination of the design. Just new pretty colors. I’m loving the giant triangle, so they could do that, or formats other than 90s.

Joachim Metz “Carpe Diem”
Caty Latham “Couvee D‘Hermes”
Hugo Grygkar “Chevaux Arabesque”
Xavier de Poret “Les Poulains”
Niki Goulandris “Flora Graeca”
Françoise De La Perriere “Etriers” (Lol! Obviously It’s a fave. I could see this almost yearly in different colors.)
Caty Latham “Farandole”
More Philippe Ledoux anything

Mostly, I’d love to see new designs though.

Last edited: