Scarves Just say 'no' to Brides de Gala - what reissues do we really want?

I don't know if C'est La Fete would happen -- I think that was a men's design, and they don't usually cross their gendered collections like that. I wish they did, as I could definitely go for a silk 140!
Well they already kind of did, at least once: Le Jardin de la Maharani was originally a women’s 90, but recently (aw ‘18 or ss ‘19? I don’t remember) a “detail version” of it came out as a different format in the men’s collection.
So I guess there’s hope! :smile:

I would love to see scarves with the natural coloring and level of detail that existed within Hermès pre-21st century, like this beautiful "Voyage en Russie."

Please be done with polka dots, mash-ups, duplicate bright colorways, super wide plain borders, scarves that are 1/2 solid color, and all other designs that seem like cost-cutting measures!

Gee — I'm not picky, am I? :P

Photo credit: HSCI database

This is an old thread and I’ m really new to Hermes scarfs doing my research work and found this discussion. Couldn’t agree more with you on this! I hope to see more artistic designs too!

Reactions: c18027
Bumping this thread. C'est la Fetê was reissued in Men's 90cm double face for Spring/Summer 2020 but alas with some production issues so, I know not everyone got to buy one coupled with the current situation.

Also, Le Pegase d'Hermes is being reissued again for Spring/Summer 2021 in 140cm washed silk as is Le Timbalier in 90cm both in regular silk and washed silk. Of course, like clockwork Bride de Gala is reissued too :rolleyes: :blah: this time in a 55cm bandana.

So, what else would we like to see reissued? :girlsigh:

Last edited:
The first three designs that jumped into my mind were Turandot, in both twill 90 cm and in the c/s shawl format, as well as La Femme aux Semelles de Vent, in twill 90 cm, as well as the c/s shawl format, and specifically the gray/black color way as a c/s shawl. Lastly Urashima Taro in either twill 90 cm, c/s shawl, or mousseline etole.

African masks in CSGM and the discontinued plisse
the colorway with white blue and some tawny highlights

coupons indiennes in 140 silk or mousse line GM would be amazing

voiture transform In white, blue and black In 140 silk or CSGM

my fantasy scarf would be ex libris CSGM but in the colorway H only did in a tiny pocket square. Navy, black and a bit of white.

tohu B in ice gray csgm (which I bought in its original boutique form and consigned away twice) don’t know what I was thinking

reissue in CSCM of Gibiers Henri De Linares. The feathers are so beautiful on the one reissue I’ve seen from the 1990s.

thank you for bumping this, @Meta

Last edited:
The first three designs that jumped into my mind were Turandot, in both twill 90 cm and in the c/s shawl format, as well as La Femme aux Semelles de Vent, in twill 90 cm, as well as the c/s shawl format, and specifically the gray/black color way as a c/s shawl. Lastly Urashima Taro in either twill 90 cm, c/s shawl, or mousseline etole.
I completely agree!:yes:I would love Turandot in some amazing new colours!:flowers:

Bumping this thread. C'est la Fetê was reissued in Men's 90cm double face for Spring/Summer 2020 but alas with some production issues, so I know not everyone got to buy one coupled with the current situation.

Also, Le Pegase d'Hermes is being reissued again for Spring/Summer 2021 in 140cm washed silk as is Le Timbalier in 90cm both in regular silk and washed silk. Of course, like clockwork Bride de Gala is reissued too :rolleyes: :blah: this time in a 55cm bandana.

So, what else would we like to see reissued? :girlsigh:
Thanks for bumping Meta! So, which designs would you like to see reissued that haven‘t been done yet?

Reactions: keodi
Thanks for bumping Meta! So, which designs would you like to see reissued that haven‘t been done yet?
Is it bad if I say none? :nuts: (I think I'm scarf content with my current collection. :giggle: )

I think Jean Clerc designs should be reissued though especially in mousselines. Eager to see what mousselines (formats and designs) will be coming for Spring/Summer 2021..

Is it bad if I say none? :nuts: (I think I'm scarf content with my current collection. :giggle: )

I think Jean Clerc designs should be reissued though especially in mousselines. Eager to see what mousselines (formats and designs) will be coming for Spring/Summer 2021..
Same! I cant come up with one design I would like to see reissued. I am tired of seeing a Brides de Gala being reissued every single season.

Not at all! Refreshing, someone’s that content! (I’ll leave it at that ;))
You mentioning mousselines reminds me that it would be nice to see a comeback of one of Alice Shirley’s designs as a moussie, like Mountain Zebra or Dans un Jardin Anglais.

Not at all! Refreshing, someone’s that content! (I’ll leave it at that ;))
You mentioning mousselines reminds me that it would be nice to see a comeback of one of Alice Shirley’s designs as a moussie, like Mountain Zebra or Dans un Jardin Anglais.

OH YES I would be so happy for that. I'm also just wanting some more good mousselines in general!