Johnny Depp

Ladies, he is weird. He grew up near me and is still friends with people that I know. He is just way off base and bizarre...even though he is artsy. He gets away with it all because he is a celeb, but if you or I were like that...trust me...hardly anyone would talk to us. I also feel he puts down the U.S. a bit too much and yet he manages to make money off the people in the U.S. I don't go for that no matter how good of an actor you may be. Just my opinion!

good for him!!

that's the life that I want....

he's so sweet..

in response to kellybag i think that when you compare him to other celebrities, he sure is keepign himself on the ground more than others. I admire that =)

Kellybag said:
Ladies, he is weird. He grew up near me and is still friends with people that I know. He is just way off base and bizarre...even though he is artsy. He gets away with it all because he is a celeb, but if you or I were like that...trust me...hardly anyone would talk to us. I also feel he puts down the U.S. a bit too much and yet he manages to make money off the people in the U.S. I don't go for that no matter how good of an actor you may be. Just my opinion!

I can't comment on anything he says about the U.S. because I've never heard him say anything good or bad.

I will say this though:

Good for him for being himself and not caring what other people think. So what if he's "weird"....at least he's being true to himself and not forcing himself to be something he's not just because society may deem him as "weird".

If only more people followed his example.

i just remember the 1st time i was disappointed with him because he ditched the tv show "21 jump street" the show that literally made him famous, and he said that the show is a crap...
but i actually enjoying his option of films he starred

Glad he's happy there. He sure as hell wan't happy here, where he makes a LOT of money! Didn't he call us {the US} dumb or something eloquent like that?

He's a broody, melancholy guy. I thought his character in Edwardscissorhands is just so "him". But one thing I respect about him is his ability to keep his private life private.

I can see why he'd want to get away from all the hoorah in LA/Hollywood. He is so not that type of person it seems...I caught him on Inside the Actor's Studio on night and gained a newfound respect for him due to that interview - humble, laid back, smart...plus he's gorgeous :=) Loved him every since 21 Jumpstreet days! Oh and NIghtmare on Elm Street...he's so mysterious :=)

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Didn't he call us {the US} dumb or something eloquent like that?
It was on German magz, Stern or somethin'.....he was quoted as saying that 'America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth—that can bite and hurt you, aggressive'. BUT.....he later said he intended no anti-American sentiment and called it an 'inaccurate and out of context misquote'. And the magazine stood by its story. I trust him! Coz those media sometimes, or always, taken something out of its context!!!

I saw Johnny Depp in Paris a few years ago. He was in line in front of me at that ATM! He seemed like a regular guy in a baseball cap. I did not even pay him any notice until the French guy in back of me in line pointed out who he was as he was walking away. This was in Montmartre and I was told later that at that time he and his SO Vanessa Paradis had an apartment there. I know that they have a home in Provence as well, so they may be living there full time now.

Roo said:
I saw Johnny Depp in Paris a few years ago. He was in line in front of me at that ATM! He seemed like a regular guy in a baseball cap. I did not even pay him any notice until the French guy in back of me in line pointed out who he was as he was walking away. This was in Montmartre and I was told later that at that time he and his SO Vanessa Paradis had an apartment there. I know that they have a home in Provence as well, so they may be living there full time now.

Oh Roo... you're so lucky to actually see him!! :love: How I would give anything to see him IRL. Maybe all my bags?? :angel: