Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

I REALLY like that bag! :yes:
The medium in Black would be my choice, as well!
Thank you for the modeling picture...much easier to really see what a bag looks like than just a picture of the bag by itself. :tup:

I REALLY like that bag! :yes:
The medium in Black would be my choice, as well!
Thank you for the modeling picture...much easier to really see what a bag looks like than just a picture of the bag by itself. :tup:
You’re welcome. The pix don’t do it justice. The bag is gorgeous IRL and I compared it in store with an old veneta hobo. The Jodie has a much rounder shape overall while the veneta is more trapezoid looking. The bigger intrecciato and the knot give it a modern twist. It’s truly a beautiful elegant bag.

Reactions: 880, RT1 and JenJBS
You’re welcome. The pix don’t do it justice. The bag is gorgeous IRL and I compared it in store with an old veneta hobo. The Jodie has a much rounder shape overall while the veneta is more trapezoid looking. The bigger intrecciato and the knot give it a modern twist. It’s truly a beautiful elegant bag.

I want it in the Peach color, when that comes out! :loveeyes: But will have to wait and get it pre-loved, due to the price. :crybaby:

Reactions: RT1 and babypanda
I want it in the Peach color, when that comes out! :loveeyes: But will have to wait and get it pre-loved, due to the price. :crybaby:
I suggest checking the website Farfetch. The prices in Europe are cheaper and you can get a 10% discount code if you’re buying for the first time. I managed to buy a nodini through them and it was 350$ cheaper than the US price!
I’m planning to buy the Medium Jodie in Europe as well. Since black is a permanent color I am not worried that it will be discontinued like the cipria.

Reactions: RT1 and JenJBS
I suggest checking the website Farfetch. The prices in Europe are cheaper and you can get a 10% discount code if you’re buying for the first time. I managed to buy a nodini through them and it was 350$ cheaper than the US price!
I’m planning to buy the Medium Jodie in Europe as well. Since black is a permanent color I am not worried that it will be discontinued like the cipria.

Thank you! :hugs:That's good to know. I'll keep an eye on Farfetch.

Reactions: RT1
I also purchased the Jodie Mini in the color Cipria (it was sold out in most places in Europe including online so had to wait for a return on the website before I could get it)! I’m in looooove. It’s so cute and fits everything I need - phone, wallet, sunglasses, makeup and keys. I don’t think I’ve ever been this into a bag before. Will definitely purchase more colors when they release them hoping for a suede, grey or darker beige/camel to come out!!

I also purchased the Jodie Mini in the color Cipria (it was sold out in most places in Europe including online so had to wait for a return on the website before I could get it)! I’m in looooove. It’s so cute and fits everything I need - phone, wallet, sunglasses, makeup and keys. I don’t think I’ve ever been this into a bag before. Will definitely purchase more colors when they release them hoping for a suede, grey or darker beige/camel to come out!!
Yes!! I am also in love with this bag and especially the color. This was an instant love kind of thing as I saw it in NM while I was looking for something else and fell in love. Couldn’t take it out of my mind and ended up tracking it down :smile:. Also planning on purchasing one other color ... I was surprised there were almost no reviews about it. Everyone talks about the pouch and cassette bags while this is a hidden gem. Found this recent video done by a very elegant italian lady. She compares all 3 bags.

So as promised, here’s what fits in my mini Jodie. Note: I was carrying my Chanel reissue 225 today and as I was transferring my stuff, I was surprised that the mini Jodie fits more!!
Also I was able to add my prescription glasses with soft case on top of everything shown in the pix.

Attachments

• 54F93145-28D3-4A4E-B8D7-5DF51F72E693.jpeg
    54F93145-28D3-4A4E-B8D7-5DF51F72E693.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 579
  • 396593BA-7CB5-4FAC-BF18-3B9517CECC2C.jpeg
    396593BA-7CB5-4FAC-BF18-3B9517CECC2C.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 594
  • B339818A-D0B8-404F-B06E-C62407E283C3.jpeg
    B339818A-D0B8-404F-B06E-C62407E283C3.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 595
As an FYI the mini size - it's hard to get anything in and out of it. That's what deterred me initially. I like the bag A LOT - it's adorable and fits more than the pouch 20 (and I still may get it in white for the summer) but the way the handle and zipper are set up its not the most user-friendly.

I bought the mini Jodie in the color Cipria. The SA at BV managed to get me one of the 3 last pieces in this color in the US ( thank you @indiaink for your suggestion!).
Just wanted to share that the bag fits all the essentials! It fit my LV Victorine wallet, LV key pouch, sunglasses and phone with no problem at all. I will share pix of what fits inside when I get the chance.
I absolutely love this bag. It can be handheld but also carried on the crook of the arm. Not sure why this model didn’t get a lot of hype. It’s much more practical than the pouch and more timeless in my opinion. I might get it in the bordeaux color as well (want to try this one first). I’m also definitely buying the Jodie in the next size up in the black color. I absolutely love the leather, shape and the knot that they added to the original hobo.
Here’s a pic of the black medium size. As I said will share pix of what fits inside the mini soon..
This is gorgeous!!

Reactions: RT1 and babypanda
As an FYI the mini size - it's hard to get anything in and out of it. That's what deterred me initially. I like the bag A LOT - it's adorable and fits more than the pouch 20 (and I still may get it in white for the summer) but the way the handle and zipper are set up its not the most user-friendly.
I agree that the leather is still a bit stiff but should soften with use

Reactions: Fashion412 and RT1
So I did cave and order this style in red despite my functional hesitation - it's just such a cute bag! But I feel like my red isn't as red as youtube video? Am I insane? Note - I ordered the mini pouch in this red and I swear that red was more red than this red. I just feel like I sound crazy - and have been in quarantine too long - but I want it to be the right red! Might be my lighting.

Attachments

• bvjm.jpg
    bvjm.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 280
So I did cave and order this style in red despite my functional hesitation - it's just such a cute bag! But I feel like my red isn't as red as youtube video? Am I insane? Note - I ordered the mini pouch in this red and I swear that red was more red than this red. I just feel like I sound crazy - and have been in quarantine too long - but I want it to be the right red! Might be my lighting.

It has to be your lighting. :coolio: Take her out in the sunshine, you’ll get a better idea.
Ideally, take both for a true comparison.

Love that little bag, but it’s much too small for me. :no:

Regarding your bag “stiffness” issue,
I have the large Jodie with the same problem and have asked around...was told to carry her and it will eventually break in and soften up! :tup: :hugs: