Jerome Dreyfuss Lovers??

Hi everyone! I'm new to Purse Forum, joined today because I work for a consulting firm and I need a briefcase ... but I hate how boring they look. Was looking around shopbop last night and found this Jerome Dreyfuss Gilbert tote:

http://www.shopbop.com/gilbert-tote-jerome-dreyfuss/vp/v=1/845524441852181.htm

What do you think? I need a bag that's sturdy because I'm constantly traveling and I have to carry a pretty big laptop (11x13 inches) and some files all the time ..

bump. i'm looking at that same gilbert tote... and wondering the same thing. i need to fit a 15 inch macbook pro and not worry about the strap breaking or anything. i saw the leather on other sites and it looks delicious....

I have the Gilbert bag and it's incredibly slouchy and soft! It's big enough to fit my laptop (but it's not a Mac)! If I'm not mistaken, Mac is even smaller, so there'll be no pb putting it inside!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dreyfuss bags, the best leather IMO!:tup:

I have the Gilbert bag and it's incredibly slouchy and soft! It's big enough to fit my laptop (but it's not a Mac)! If I'm not mistaken, Mac is even smaller, so there'll be no pb putting it inside!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dreyfuss bags, the best leather IMO!:tup:

ooh. would you say that the leather is strong enough to support a laptop though? the handles and everything? i have the 15inch macbook pro- the model right before the unibody designs. how are the handles?? i'm a student, and i've been hunting for the perfect school bag for awhile. it would need to fit the laptop, power cord, as well as a notebook and pens and makeup and stuff like that.

As the owner of four Jérôme Dreyfuss bags, I would NOT recommend getting one of the lamb leather ones if you intend to put heavy things, like computers, inside. One of the handles of my Robert got unglued (yes, it was glued, not sewn), and the handles of my Serge have stretched. And the Serge is meant to be a computer bag, there is a specially designed pocket for this...
The quality of those bags has really declined in the last two years, so if you want a sturdy bag, don't get this.

Last edited:
I got a medium Billy bag a few weeks ago. It's unlike any bag I own because it has a very distressed look from the bubble leather. The bag is lightweight and I like that it can be carried several different ways for different looks.

The color is maroon/plum. It looks a bit darker in real life, since the sunshine kind of washes it out.

I got it from Frankeys.com with a 25% off code.

With the snaps closed:
DSC03800.jpg

Completely open, looks like a tote. Sorry it's blurry, but I made the pic too small and then made it big again.
DSC03804.jpg

I like that Billy bag! But it looks like you can wear it in 3 ways, right? Because there is a shoulderstrap as well! Does anyone have a picture of a Billy bag being carried on their shoulder, with the shoulder strap?

I have the large Billy bag in black, I love it oh so much, the leather is amazing!

I'm even considering buying the medium Billy in brown... I don't feel like having the same bag twice though...

I like that Billy bag! But it looks like you can wear it in 3 ways, right? Because there is a shoulderstrap as well! Does anyone have a picture of a Billy bag being carried on their shoulder, with the shoulder strap?

here is a picture I found with the shoulder strap : http://a10.idata.over-blog.com/3/36/32/28/archives/5/1320112106.JPG

I love Jerome Dreyfuss designs but when I was finally able to own one I was slightly dissapointed. Yes, the leather is fantastic, but only after a day of receiving my bag the thread was coming out of the seems. I still wear the bag but I don't know if I'll buy another. If I was you I wouldn't put my laptop in his bags because the leather is fragile. Though, I don't want to discourage you to buy his bags, but it's always helpful to see a bag in person before you purchase.

I love Jerome Dreyfuss designs but when I was finally able to own one I was slightly dissapointed. Yes, the leather is fantastic, but only after a day of receiving my bag the thread was coming out of the seems. I still wear the bag but I don't know if I'll buy another. If I was you I wouldn't put my laptop in his bags because the leather is fragile. Though, I don't want to discourage you to buy his bags, but it's always helpful to see a bag in person before you purchase.

Yes, the stitching is REALLY bad. The leather is gorgeous, but the making is really shoddy.

Hi there ! Happy New Year !!:dothewave:

I've just discovered this forum which will help me nourishing my "new vice" : bags ! :lol:

I bought a yellow Charles this morning. Sales started this morning in France so it was quite a bargain. ;)
I was longing for a Dreyfuss bag for quite a long time but in the past few months, I was a bit surprised to see the differents complaints from buyers who are big fans of the brand.. saying that the quality was not as good as it used to...

So I took the risk:P Hope I won't regret it... I must say that I already love it very much.:love:

As the owner of four Jérôme Dreyfuss bags, I would NOT recommend getting one of the lamb leather ones if you intend to put heavy things, like computers, inside.

Ditto.
I had a close look at Gilbert this morning because I had a doubt about the size (too big for me). I must say that it is really beautiful but I think that the leather will be a bit fragile to carry a computer all day long. The handles are also quite thin...

Sorry for this long first post:shame:

Last edited: