Japanese Coach ring - warning

I'm talking about your very first post that says these are Korean fakes are coming into Japan.
Here are a few examples of Japanese sellers (supposedly established and reputable ones) with listings of FAKE COACH bags that are made in Korea.

Getting ebay to respond and remove fakes listed by Japanese sellers (especially established ones) often takes days and emails directly to ebay.

Here are a few examples from our Hall of Shame thread:
The listing reported in this post is still up, running and waiting for some unknowing buyer to pay over $150 for it!
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...oach-fakes-here.824098/page-456#post-33697725
And this is the listing that is WITHOUT A DOUBT fake.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auth-COACH...082033?hash=item4b76a526b1:g:hBwAAOSw4kNeebNS

This post shows that the seller had 2 listings for fake Korean-made bags:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...oach-fakes-here.824098/page-442#post-33536467

And another. This fake was reported and removed several times and the seller kept relisting.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...oach-fakes-here.824098/page-406#post-33125395

• Angry
Reactions: americandreaming
Looks like many have been deleted so that's good. I've looked at a few vintage coach on ebay bc I love vintage pieces but I remember back in the early 90s when I went to Tijuana with my friends, there were street shops full of Coach for cheap so I'm afraid to take the plunge. There must be so many fakes floating around all over the internet. Sigh

• Wow
I totally understand the actual sellers. I'm not referring to those. I'm talking about your very first post that says these are Korean fakes are coming into Japan.

This is what BeenBurned actually said:
"However there have been cases where Korean fake (Coach) bags were listed and relisted by more than one Japanese sellers."

She was NOT referring to the current fakes, but to some that both she and I reported multiple times over the last 2 or 3 years that were being sold by well-known Japanese sellers but that were obvious Korean-made fakes of Coach items, mostly bags and briefcases, that were probaly made as long as 20 or 30 years ago. Even though the formerly-trusted Japanese sellers were notified that the items were being reported and removed, they kept re-listing them.

ON THE SUBJECT OF KOREAN FAKES
Korean makers have a history of selling fake Coach handbags, briefcases and wallets that goes back 30 years, to when Coach first began selling their bags in Japan. We're not "picking on" Korea, we've been reporting those fakes and figuring out the history of Korea's fake "Coaches" for almost 20 years. I probably have several hundred photographs of fake purses, wallets and briefcases stamped Made in Korea, and the historical records indicate that Coach had filed lawsuits in the Korean courts all through the early and mid-1990s against at least 6 Korean individuals or companies that tried to "hijack" or to register the Coach name as their own trademark and then started to make purses that were copies of genuine US-made Coaches including the name, hangtag, and creed statement, although very few of them had valid Coach serial numbers or Coach's high-quality full-grain aniline-dyed leather.

Just a few examples, click on the thumbnails to enlarge
101-14_Korean fake_lowcountry sc-c.jpg 101-75_blessingforyou87_gibberish creed-lg-a.jpg 202-21-korean fake-misspellings.jpg Belt bag_Korea-c.jpg

and from fake wallets and bags
KOREA_Sheridan wallet-4a-card.jpg KOREA-FAKE_akmmcmahon-202-06-b.jpg

and a fake Made In Korea briefcase listed and removed multiple times by Japanese seller " eLADY01 "
:707-03_korea_ELADY01-briefcase-c.jpg 707-03_korea_ELADY01-briefcase-i.jpg

Korea has also been mentioned often as a major source of "AAA" or "7-star" fakes of all major brands from Coach to Chanel to Louis Vuitton. Although BeenBurned NEVER SAID that the accessory bag fakes being sold by this ring of sellers apparently located in Japan were coming from Korea, Counterfeit name brands from Korean makers have a long and well-known history.

This is what BeenBurned actually said:
"However there have been cases where Korean fake (Coach) bags were listed and relisted by more than one Japanese sellers."

She was NOT referring to the current fakes, but to some that both she and I reported multiple times over the last 2 or 3 years that were being sold by well-known Japanese sellers but that were obvious Korean-made fakes of Coach items, mostly bags and briefcases, that were probaly made as long as 20 or 30 years ago. Even though the formerly-trusted Japanese sellers were notified that the items were being reported and removed, they kept re-listing them.

ON THE SUBJECT OF KOREAN FAKES
Korean makers have a history of selling fake Coach handbags, briefcases and wallets that goes back 30 years, to when Coach first began selling their bags in Japan. We're not "picking on" Korea, we've been reporting those fakes and figuring out the history of Korea's fake "Coaches" for almost 20 years. I probably have several hundred photographs of fake purses, wallets and briefcases stamped Made in Korea, and the historical records indicate that Coach had filed lawsuits in the Korean courts all through the early and mid-1990s against at least 6 Korean individuals or companies that tried to "hijack" or to register the Coach name as their own trademark and then started to make purses that were copies of genuine US-made Coaches including the name, hangtag, and creed statement, although very few of them had valid Coach serial numbers or Coach's high-quality full-grain aniline-dyed leather.

Just a few examples, click on the thumbnails to enlarge
View attachment 4698541 View attachment 4698543 View attachment 4698545 View attachment 4698546

and from fake wallets and bags
View attachment 4698547 View attachment 4698548

and a fake Made In Korea briefcase listed and removed multiple times by Japanese seller " eLADY01 "
:View attachment 4698552 View attachment 4698553

Korea has also been mentioned often as a major source of "AAA" or "7-star" fakes of all major brands from Coach to Chanel to Louis Vuitton. Although BeenBurned NEVER SAID that the accessory bag fakes being sold by this ring of sellers apparently located in Japan were coming from Korea, Counterfeit name brands from Korean makers have a long and well-known history.
Thanks. Its been clarified by @BeenBurned. So that's why some of these say made in Korea. I thought coach was manufactured only in the US back then. So complicated this fake bag business. It's unfortunate, I would love to have a vintage bag since I got rid of my own bags long time ago, but too afraid of getting a fake.

• Sad
Thanks. Its been clarified by @BeenBurned. So that's why some of these say made in Korea. I thought coach was manufactured only in the US back then. So complicated this fake bag business. It's unfortunate, I would love to have a vintage bag since I got rid of my own bags long time ago, but too afraid of getting a fake.

Coach probably started making bags outside the US right around 1990, starting with Italy and then Costa Rica, both in the early 1990s. They also made bags in Puerto Rico which of course IS part of the US since it's a territory but it still used the Made In the United States stamp. But Coach has never made handbags, wallets or briefcases in Korea. Period. They made a few clothing items there, and we have one example of a possible Sample piece of Coach luggage or travel gear, but that's all. After what they went through trying to protect their trademarks from unscrupulous Korean makers (who of course were always allowed to keep using them by the Korean courts) I doubt very much if they would ever want to manufacture in the ROK again.

ETA - As for you accidently buying a fake, we have a VERY large authentication thread here, and we're VERY good at what we do. Authenticate here BEFORE you bid or buy and you can be as sure as you'd be anywhere else on the internet, maybe more so, of getting a genuine Coach

Last edited:
I bought two vintage (mid-90's) Coach items from a Japanese seller, zizai_01 on Ebay. I searched the seller here, where he checked out positively, albeit with one review. But, he had 450+ ratings on eBay, with an overall 100% rating, and all of the Coach items he had listed were vintage, which somehow made me more comfortable (I guess because, currently, I think the money is seemingly in the counterfeiting of more current styles). He had a variety of items listed, not just Coach: some newer, some more vintage, or collectible. Also, the comments his buyers left were overwhelmingly positive. I bought my 4082 first; the transaction\shipping went well. I subsequently purchased my 9832: another A+ experience. Both transactions, my items shipped from Japan to me via FedEx (I don't live in a hub city) within either six or seven days. (And, second transaction, he sent a nice card in English and Japanese, as well as an origami crane + instructions for said crane I passed on to my friend with twins in kindergarten. I thought it was a nice touch.) Also, he offered to be of service if I was looking for anything in particular. Considering his prices (for example, he has a 4133 I wouldn't think twice about carrying\condition looks quite good listed for $72 including shipping) I'm kind of knocking about a couple of options in my head, already!

Well, I've waxed a bit poetic about this seller, but he made me an origami crane, and I would have still been happy if he hadn't, lol, so.

Reactions: Roro