J Crew ~aholics Thread!

^ Update at the end of that article:

UPDATE: We heard back from a representative at J. Crew, who clarified that the retailer will not in fact be lowering their prices. Their goal, however, is "simply maintaining a balance of pricing across the board and better communicating to our customers what we have and why it is worth the price it is."

Recent purchase....
Gem Collage Necklace
www.i974.photobucket.c
20140129_193552.jpg

Early Valentine's Day gift from hubby...
Venus Flytrap Necklace(factory)
www.i974.photobucke
20140129_193819.jpg
t.com

Thanks so much for your reply (sorry I'm so late in replying)

I think I would need a size 2 in petite going from what you've mentioned. Thanks so much for your help :smile:

Do you know what your sizes in other J. Crew items are?

I have a US size 6 in last year's Schoolboy blazer and it is snug, but I've been taking a small or size 4 in many of their recent tees and blouses. I tried the Cocoon in a US size 4 and it fit comfortably, still roomy although slightly short for the sleeves (I am 5'6"/1.67 meters and have long arms and a fairly broad back), so I personally would probably get the Cocoon in a Tall US size 4. I have read other reviews/forums that also say to size down, so you probably should get one size down from your other J. Crew items in petite.

Recent purchase....
Gem Collage Necklace
www.i974.photobucket.c
20140129_193552.jpg

Early Valentine's Day gift from hubby...
Venus Flytrap Necklace(factory)
www.i974.photobucke
20140129_193819.jpg
t.com

Both are so so stunning :love:

I LOVE J Crew but for me it's merely window shopping as it is so expensive here in the UK for what it is. A t-shirt costs $29.50 on the US website, and the exact same one costs £29.50 on the UK one - that is just so unfair! So I guess I will be waiting until I go to the US this summer, then I will hopefully stock up.. :graucho:

I LOVE J Crew but for me it's merely window shopping as it is so expensive here in the UK for what it is. A t-shirt costs $29.50 on the US website, and the exact same one costs £29.50 on the UK one - that is just so unfair! So I guess I will be waiting until I go to the US this summer, then I will hopefully stock up.. :graucho:

With the UK vs US prices on the website though, the UK ones include tax/duties whereas the US ones don't (since the tax will vary depending on which US state the order is delivered to). So the difference isn't quite as extreme as it seems with the prices given, but yeah, things are still a heap more expensive for the UK market than the US market! I noticed in the London store on Regent St that sometimes they don't even bother putting new price tags on the items - I bought a shirt there the other day that was marked as $78.00, but of course it rang up at the register as £78. Sigh.

With the UK vs US prices on the website though, the UK ones include tax/duties whereas the US ones don't (since the tax will vary depending on which US state the order is delivered to). So the difference isn't quite as extreme as it seems with the prices given, but yeah, things are still a heap more expensive for the UK market than the US market! I noticed in the London store on Regent St that sometimes they don't even bother putting new price tags on the items - I bought a shirt there the other day that was marked as $78.00, but of course it rang up at the register as £78. Sigh.

Sneaky tax :sad1: really? Gosh that really is depressing isn't it! Do you shop at J Crew much? I do love it, but I prefer to mix and match Zara/Part Two/Massimo Dutti/In Wear and get styling ideas from J Crew.

Agreed, prices for Australia are ridiculous. That's why I use a parcel forwarding service, even with DHL shipping, I am way ahead.

I was looking forward to JCrew coming to the UK but it's shady business what they're doing matching prices with the US , even with 20% VAT in UK and there is still a huge profit they are making here!!! Oh not to mention that UK website discount codes never ever match the US ones , totally unfair . I will stick to LK Bennett , Reiss and the like for far better value IMO