Is this an unpopular style?...if so why?

:yes:To be clear, my comment above was intended to convey that this Gucci hobo's both a classic and not like a Speedy; I likewise think that the Speedy is a forever classic (and have always owned one).

Ah, OK, got it, sorry, nothing like a Speedy at all. Agreed.

Both are very complementary to each other too. If I didn't have a vintage Ophidia/Boston I'd love a vintage LV Speedy.

Actually, if you look on the Ophidia sub-forum, there’s a lot about this bag. I actually bought it and it arrived today. This is the second time I’ve done that and it made me realize that I do love it! I also have a speedy and the Prada nylon messenger and think that they all have their own character.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: papertiger and 880
I have this bag and I love it. It’s practical and a good size. It feels sturdy and the coated nylon is good quality. I don’t feel like I have to baby the bag and I am not paranoid about damage. It’s a good everyday bag.

Reactions: papertiger
Thanks for your reply... So you don't think its a kind of 'here for right now then gone' style?

As some others have stated, a hobo is a pretty classic bag. I'm not a monogram person, but I purchased it during the pandemic for something more casual. It is more of a medium-sized bag which you rarely see at this price point (in luxury bags they always seem to be the most expensive).

Frankly, the fact that you don't see it everywhere might be a good thing. If you are worried about "here for now..." those tend to be the trendy pieces that everyone has and then gets sick of.

As some others have stated, a hobo is a pretty classic bag. I'm not a monogram person, but I purchased it during the pandemic for something more casual. It is more of a medium-sized bag which you rarely see at this price point (in luxury bags they always seem to be the most expensive).

Frankly, the fact that you don't see it everywhere might be a good thing. If you are worried about "here for now..." those tend to be the trendy pieces that everyone has and then gets sick of.
Thank u

Reactions: floatinglili