Is there no love for the Balenciaga Day?

I think there is a lot of love for the Day still. I know ksuromax has a colour wheel (is that what it's called?) of them and muchstuff also has a hand or two full, right?

I just prefer the City, it's more "my style", but I ALWAYS stop to consider and admire when I find a beautiful Day on eBay. I recently saw a Rouge Vif Day and since a Rouge Vif City is one of my most wanted, it was hard to pass up the Day just for the beautiful colour.

I think there is a lot of love for the Day still. I know ksuromax has a colour wheel (is that what it's called?) of them and muchstuff also has a hand or two full, right?

I just prefer the City, it's more "my style", but I ALWAYS stop to consider and admire when I find a beautiful Day on eBay. I recently saw a Rouge Vif Day and since a Rouge Vif City is one of my most wanted, it was hard to pass up the Day just for the beautiful colour.
can you, please, drop me a link? :angel:

Alas, I've never been a fan because of 2 things:
  1. I loathe digging into a bag that has more vertical volume than horizontal; it just always feels like I'm digging to the other side of the earth to look for something.
  2. Since I have a tendency to pack my bags on the heavy side, a single shoulder strap that high up .. digs right into my shoulder. Given that I have major shoulder issues to start with (hence the reason why I had to part with all my Part-Time bags), I just could never see the Day working out for me.

In theory, this is the perfect bag for me since I am a hobo girl at heart. It is stylish and light and easy to carry. But it is just way too deep for me even with me putting my things in pouches, etc. Or perhaps my arms are too short/stubby to reach the bottom of the bag. I would like to try the Hobo or the Club — both seem shorter and easy to find things in.

Reactions: muggles
I adore mine! Everything I own is in a pouch so I don’t have trouble finding anything, and I keep my phone, chapstick, and wallet (which is a compact size) in the inside or front pocket, because I reach for those most and it keeps them in easy access! Only thing is it’s a big bag and I feel nervous stuffing it, because I don’t wanna ruin it!

Reactions: muggles
In theory, this is the perfect bag for me since I am a hobo girl at heart. It is stylish and light and easy to carry. But it is just way too deep for me even with me putting my things in pouches, etc. Or perhaps my arms are too short/stubby to reach the bottom of the bag. I would like to try the Hobo or the Club — both seem shorter and easy to find things in.
never knew there is a style called the Club

Reactions: Iamminda
I love love love love love mine!! I think I am up to 9 of them :eek:Plus a hobo! :graucho:
I just had my Coquelicot with mgsh on rotation this week (I change my bags weekly). Such a fun color.
Although, I agree with the comments about it being a little bit of a black hole, it doesn't bother me at all. I love that it fits everything I need and more without looking like a huge bag. And it's not like I can't find what I need in the bag by feel. Though, I do understand if it bugs people to have to dig around. Personally, it bugs me more to not be able to carry everything I want in my bag.
Incidentally, I bought the Hobo thinking I would prefer it as it was still a good size, but as mentioned above, it may be easier to get into because it's shorter. It is easier, but I do reach for the Days more often (even though the Hobo is black = easier to match with my weekly outfits - and I don't even have a black Day...yet!) because I prefer the look of the Day.

never knew there is a style called the Club

I didn’t either until about a year ago, lol. I believe it is a shorter version of the Day and it has an outer zipped pocket on both the front and back (bonus point for me). A member posted a picture of hers on the What Bbag you are carrying thread just this last Thursday. And I think AFF has one listed for sale now, lol.

Reactions: floodette
I've loved Day bags from the start of my addiction to Bal. I have four of them, and have waxed poetic about the joy of carrying a Day bag in various spots around this forum. I think it is the most beautifully draping and flattering style.

I've always been careful to keep my bags light, so in fairness, my experience may not match everyone's. But I've been able to pop a Day bag on my shoulder, and completely forget it's there. In the cavernous depths, I carry a lightweight wallet, keys, and sometimes a Bal Mu for change, receipts etc., Cell goes in the inside or outside pocket, so quickly accessible.

The single handle seems much sturdier than the double handles on the Cities. I've never worried about the handle on my Days stretching out. Again, though, I'm certain I'd feel differently if I needed to carry a heavier load. I tried a Day with a 13" laptop, and hated the way it felt with that much weight.

Here's a pic of my beloved RT Day taken before So Cal's drought, when my backyard still had grass!
RT DayBag.JPG

I've loved Day bags from the start of my addiction to Bal. I have four of them, and have waxed poetic about the joy of carrying a Day bag in various spots around this forum. I think it is the most beautifully draping and flattering style.

I've always been careful to keep my bags light, so in fairness, my experience may not match everyone's. But I've been able to pop a Day bag on my shoulder, and completely forget it's there. In the cavernous depths, I carry a lightweight wallet, keys, and sometimes a Bal Mu for change, receipts etc., Cell goes in the inside or outside pocket, so quickly accessible.

The single handle seems much sturdier than the double handles on the Cities. I've never worried about the handle on my Days stretching out. Again, though, I'm certain I'd feel differently if I needed to carry a heavier load. I tried a Day with a 13" laptop, and hated the way it felt with that much weight.

Here's a pic of my beloved RT Day taken before So Cal's drought, when my backyard still had grass!
View attachment 4066356

Your RT Day is so so gorgeous. I think I would make an exception if I can have an RT Day in such excellent condition, I do agree that this bag is light as air.