Is resale value of peekaboo increasing?

eggz716

Feb 19, 2017
Hi!

I'm debating on purchasing a peekaboo pre-loved vs new. There are new styles/colors I really like that don't seem readily available in the pre-loved market right now (ie: the iseeu).

looking at pre-loved, the pice is definitely more affordable in general. Just wondering if you all think the resale value for these newer peekaboos will be improving? Are most of you buying new or pre-loved? Thanks!

I had my eye on the peekaboo small. The price for the small seemed a little high for what it was. I bought a pre-loved one in “excellent condition” but when I got it it was not in great shape and I could not justify paying $3k for a used bag that wasn’t in good condition so I returned it. But having it and trying it on it seems very small and maybe not worth the cost when you compare it to other bags around that price range like the LV Capucines or even waiting and saving more to invest in Chanel.
I ended up purchasing the Celine 16. For me I felt like it was a structured bag, similar discreet look like the Fendi Peekaboo but it had more room and it’s a little less money.
The Fendi peekaboo might be gaining more popularity if people are trying to stay away from flashy in your face monograms. I first saw and fell in love with the Fendi peekaboo on tik tok, I follow this fashion blogger/model named Sammi (sammijefcoate_) and she has such a unique style and so many lovely bags that she pairs with her edgy but classy outfits.

Last edited:
Reactions: eggz716
I had my eye on the peekaboo small. The price for the small seemed a little high for what it was. I bought a pre-loved one in “excellent condition” but when I got it it was not in great shape and I could not justify paying $3k for a used bag that wasn’t in good condition so I returned it. But having it and trying it on it seems very small and maybe not worth the cost when you compare it to other bags around that price range like the LV Capucines or even waiting and saving more to invest in Chanel.
I ended up purchasing the Celine 16. For me I felt like it was a structured bag, similar discreet look like the Fendi Peekaboo but it had more room and it’s a little less money.
The Fendi peekaboo might be gaining more popularity if people are trying to stay away from flashy in your face monograms. I first saw and fell in love with the Fendi peekaboo on tik tok, I follow this fashion blogger/model named Sammi (sammijefcoate_) and she has such a unique style and so many lovely bags that she pairs with her edgy but classy outfits.
great advice! thank you for sharing!

Reactions: missie1