Is Pink Lipstick more desirable for a B35 than a Rose Jaipur? Both GHW

Is Pink Lipstick more desirable for a B35 than Rose Jaipur, either with GHW?
I suppose that would depend on one’s definition of “desirable”. Are you wondering which colour was more sought after in-store? Are you wondering which colour resells for more? Are you wondering which colour is more versatile for daily wear? Are you wondering which colour is rarer? Not to mention, the answer to any of these questions would almost certainly also depend on the type of leather.

My view— The original question posed feels incomplete. Rose Lipstick and Rose Jaipur are different colours which serve different purposes. If you are looking to add one of these colours to your collection, I wouldn’t worry about strangers’ opinions on desirability. Get whichever colour makes sense for you and your wardrobe. I’m sure you’ll rock whichever colour you choose!;)

I suppose that would depend on one’s definition of “desirable”. Are you wondering which colour was more sought after in-store? Are you wondering which colour resells for more? Are you wondering which colour is more versatile for daily wear? Are you wondering which colour is rarer? Not to mention, the answer to any of these questions would almost certainly also depend on the type of leather.

My view— The original question posed feels incomplete. Rose Lipstick and Rose Jaipur are different colours which serve different purposes. If you are looking to add one of these colours to your collection, I wouldn’t worry about strangers’ opinions on desirability. Get whichever colour makes sense for you and your wardrobe. I’m sure you’ll rock whichever colour you choose!;)
I realize how incomplete the question was, and know my true concern is if rose jaipur is too close to rouge casaque, which I have in an Epsom b35, and when I showed my dh the pic of the rose jaipur bag, he said it looked just like the one I have. He thought the rose lipstick was "ugly"! He was appalled when I purchased a bleu atoll k when I had a turquoise b. He thought they were the same color! Soo, that is the actual issue. Maybe divorce is the answer! (Only kidding!).

I realize how incomplete the question was, and know my true concern is if rose jaipur is too close to rouge casaque, which I have in an Epsom b35, and when I showed my dh the pic of the rose jaipur bag, he said it looked just like the one I have. He thought the rose lipstick was "ugly"! He was appalled when I purchased a bleu atoll k when I had a turquoise b. He thought they were the same color! Soo, that is the actual issue. Maybe divorce is the answer! (Only kidding!).
:lol: Well, let me save you from divorce by telling you that Rouge Casaque and Rose Jaipur are not similar enough to be redundant. Rouge Casaque is a true red. Sometimes it has slight blue or yellow undertones, but as far as Hermès colours go, Rouge Casaque is generally viewed as being a middle-of-the-road red option. Rose Jaipur, on the other hand, is pink with strong orange/yellow undertones. In fact, I think the only “orangier” pink tone that Hermès made was Blush*.

Don’t let DH’s opinion dissuade you from getting something you like! I presume he won’t be the one wearing the bag anyway.:giggle: ;)

*I believe Blush is technically a member of the orange colour family, so maybe it would be more correct to say that it is an orange colour with pink undertones. Interestingly enough, Blush was introduced during the same production year as Rose Jaipur (and Rose Lipstick); then Crevette and Flamingo came the next year, so I suppose that was the era of orangey pink shades at Hermès.

Last edited: