Is it ok to wear a ring on your left hand ring finger? Pls your pics and comments.

I've always worn a ring on the 4th finger of both hands. I like my rings best on those fingers. I grew up in Aust/Asia so even as a young kid it was normal to wear jewelry and I accumulated a lot over the years. In my family engagement ring on the right, wedding on the left.

Now I live in the US and initially I got a lot of questions & catty comments on how I wear my rings.
Some even went as far as to explain how to wear my rings in the US....lol

I'm like what's business is it of yours what I choose to wear on my fingers or how I do it. Mind your business.

I've always worn a ring on the 4th finger of both hands. I like my rings best on those fingers. I grew up in Aust/Asia so even as a young kid it was normal to wear jewelry and I accumulated a lot over the years. In my family engagement ring on the right, wedding on the left.

Now I live in the US and initially I got a lot of questions & catty comments on how I wear my rings.
Some even went as far as to explain how to wear my rings in the US....lol

I'm like what's business is it of yours what I choose to wear on my fingers or how I do it. Mind your business.
See...this is exactly why I think this is an interesting discussion. Globally there is a different understanding but here in the US it is confusing for many to wear a ring on the left hand ring finger. But if the ring doesn't look like a wedding or engagement ring perhaps there is less confusion. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

before i got engaged i wore a yellow gold claddagh ring on my left ring finger (from the US), since youre supposed to wear it on your wedding finger.

this is nitpicky of me, but i am annoyed by people who wear rings that arent romantically or culturally significant on their wedding finger. it seems to me like they are pretending.

I wear a ring on my engagement finger most days, and I won't be stopping any time soon. Some of them are engagement-ring-like in appearance, and others are not. I love my rings, and personally, I feel a single ring tends to look better, aesthetically, on the ring finger rather as opposed to any other finger.

However, it has led to occasional questions about whether or not I've recently gotten engaged. I have absolutely no problems with this, but if you're uncomfortable about people making this leap and asking these questions, maybe another finger would be better. I imagine it could also put off potential suitors who might think you're taken, so that's something else to consider.

Overall, it's a "non-traditional" thing to do where I come from (Ireland), and if it's the same in your culture, you might want to avoid doing it unless you're happy with being seen as a non-traditional person. If you don't mind the fact that it's a little out of the ordinary and might invite some questions, go right ahead and do it: it's your ring and your finger, so if someone has a problem with it, that's their problem, and not yours.

I've wear a diamond ring on my left ring finger every now and then. I have so many beautiful rings and only two fingers that are size 6, which is the size of most of my more gorgeous and expensive rings. I honestly don't care what anyone thinks. I've had tons of people ask before and I tell them I'm not engaged, I just wear what I want where I want. I think old traditions are great and I totally respect them, but just because I'm not engaged, doesn't mean I should lose the right to ever wear anything on that finger.

What do you think? I know many wear right hand rings. What about the left? Some rings just look better on the ring finger . Do you need to be married or engaged? Please share your thoughts and photos. Thanks!!

I think it totally depends on a man.I haven't seen any rule where it is mandatory to wear ring on the right hand or left hand.But most of people use on their left hand's finger.And also there is no need to be married or engagaed to wear ring on the finger.

I think many women choose not to wear a ring on their left-hand ring finger because they don't want people to think they are married if they are not. That isn't a concern for many people, so absolutely wear what you are comfortable with. I used to wear rings on that finger all the time before I was engaged because I really didn't care what strangers thought.

:tup:

I have always personally found that my left hand and fingers LOOK nicer than my right - I'm right-handed so I also find it more practical not to have rings on my dominant hand.

Yes, some people will make assumptions about your marital status but plenty won't. Wear what makes you happy :yes: