Is a squeaky Lady Dior top handle normal?

Debbie65

Dec 5, 2019
I just purchased a new Dior Lady ABC in a size small straight from a Dior Boutique. The bag checked out fine. When I got home and opened up the package I noticed the top handle facing the back had more movement (to the right and left) then the top handle in the front. As it moved it sqeaked. Uugh! So ANNOYING! Both top handles should have some resistance however only the front top handle does. I sent a message along with the video so my SA can see and hear what I'm talking about. He said it's normal. I can't imagine that being "normal". He will let me exchange it however I have to wait to see if a Beige shows up. They get new shipment Mon thru Fri. Has anyone experienced this? I'm going to see if I can attach a video so you all can see what I'm referring to. Oh bummer! I can't! I just tried.

I'm not entirely sure about the resistance and the movement you're mentioning about the handles but definitely my Lady Dior handles don't squeak. It would probably help if you could upload a video first to YouTube, then you can add the link to your post by choosing the three dots icon and select 'Media'

Reactions: Chanellover2015
I'm not entirely sure about the resistance and the movement you're mentioning about the handles but definitely my Lady Dior handles don't squeak. It would probably help if you could upload a video first to YouTube, then you can add the link to your post by choosing the three dots icon and select 'Media'
Thanks for replying. I am not surprised that your handles do not squeak. Imo that is expected that the handles do not squeak. I can try to upload the footage I did to YouTube and see if that works. Good idea. I don't want to unpack the bag to take another video so hopefully I can upload with the video I have. My SA is off work today. Bummer as he will not be there to reserve the Beige if one arrives today. I would drive there to check but it's 1.5 hrs away.

I don't think it's normal, too. Handles should not squeak on bags like this at all. This has never happened with any of my bags.
Yes, personally I thought he was just trying to brush me off or perhaps he is thinking of the "clicking" noises the handles make (that I love for some reason :lol:) but I said squeaky! I even sent a video. Lol. Regardless my replacement finally arrived and I was able to do my exchange yesterday!. Guess what? NO SQUEAKY HANDLE! If it's normal (which I'm glad it's not) shouldn't this one be squeaky too? Lol. Well NO squeak IS normal that is why no one else had this issue but me! Lol Smh.

Reactions: thundercloud
Yes, personally I thought he was just trying to brush me off or perhaps he is thinking of the "clicking" noises the handles make (that I love for some reason :lol:) but I said squeaky! I even sent a video. Lol. Regardless my replacement finally arrived and I was able to do my exchange yesterday!. Guess what? NO SQUEAKY HANDLE! If it's normal (which I'm glad it's not) shouldn't this one be squeaky too? Lol. Well NO squeak IS normal that is why no one else had this issue but me! Lol Smh.

I'd do the same! Sometimes you have to be persistent to get what you deserve!
Happy for you!

Reactions: Debbie65
Glad your replacement arrived! Now you can use the bag. Yay!

Reactions: Debbie65
Yes! Yay indeed! :yahoo: My initial purchase was Jan 8th (warm taupe). From waiting to get the warm taupe and then waiting for the 1st beige to exchange it (for the squeaky one) and then waiting for the 2nd beige (the perfect one) to arrive, it took 17 dang gone days! So Dior had my money all that time but I had no bag to use. Hahaha! I am SO GLAD this case is CLOSE! And, guess what? I'm really liking the color now! Hahaha! It's actually pretty, in a unique way.:loveeyes: Lol

Reactions: thundercloud