In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

I am impatient and sometimes it has disastrous results. It did work in this particular case though. :lol:

What a tiny and frustrating hole size though.
It's really small, and @etoile de mer is absolutely correct in that the jump ring won't fit through it. I also brought a silver chain to try it out, and the little Tiffany bar also won't fit through.

I thought about getting a second Tiffany silver chain, taking it to my local jeweler and have them remove the jump ring/Tiffany tag, loop the chain through the starfish, then solder the jump rinb/Tiffany tag back on. But what a pain... and if ever need the piece serviced, I would have to take it back to the jeweler and have him undo it.

That said though, after seeing the posts in this thread, I'm going to keep it on the black silk cord. @etoile de mer posted her amazing starfish collection, and I now really like it with the black silk cord.

@etoile de mer I have a question for you... the loop where the knot goes through seems loose. Does yours ever fall out? Since my cord is 30" and I could just put it on over my head, I was thinking of taking it to my tailor and having her sew a little thread to make the loop smaller to be sure it doesn't fall out. I'm new to this black silk cord business! What do you think?

I am impatient and sometimes it has disastrous results. It did work in this particular case though. :lol:

What a tiny and frustrating hole size though.

It really sounded like something I'd do! :biggrin: I'm game to try to fix, make, or create, but am not always successful. But, those times that I am just further encourage such behavior. :P And yes regarding the tiny hole!

Yes, I am so happy you posted all your starfishes and inspired me! You have amazing pieces.
As FYI, the black silver cord I purchased was $20.00.

I tried on the new Bone Cuff with the stones. They had a black jade one, and it looked okay. I prefer the original all metal bone cuff. It looks sleeker to me. I also tried on the round and Cat Island earrings, and both are very pretty. I like the round black disc as it went nice with the black silk cord. But it's a drop earring, and it's too blingy for me on the ear! :biggrin:

Now that I have a black silk cord, I really wanted to get a piece to highlight the black, in a bracelet or ring.
I tried on the Sevillana bangle in black jade, and wow.. I love it. The piece really pops which was a nice surprise. I wanted to try on the Sevillana ring, but they did not have it in stock.

The SA said something that was interesting, and this is consistent with @azniceskater1 comment about Schlumberger. The SA said she does not see many Sevillana pieces. She says them seem hard to get and we always have to order them. I am sure it's not as popular as DBTY, bean, or open heart. I wonder now that Elsa is gone, if Tiffany will cut back on some of her not so popular lines, similar to Schlumberger. If they do, it won't be in the short term. But this did make me think to surf the website again and check out Elsa's entire collection again.

Here is the Sevillana bangle I tried on. It looks ten times better on in person... I wish I had taken a photo. Elsa Peretti® Sevillana™ cuff with black jade in sterling silver, small. | Tiffany & Co.

Oh... you had posted earlier about cleaning jewelry. I got inspired by that too! I brought in a few pieces to be cleaned. The regular in-store cleaning is complimentary, but you can no longer wait for it at the boutique. It now takes 5 days. There is another level of polishing which they send to the shop in NYC. It is $35.00 per piece. The silver is supposed to come back super sparkly, so I went for that. It will take 5 weeks. We'll see how it turns out. The customer service SA said they still steam clean engagement rings while you wait, and she offered to clean mine, so that was nice.

I hope you can get to a boutique to check out some pieces.

So glad my posts were helpful! Really fun to hear of all you were able to see and try. :smile: The Sevillana pieces are beautiful. Interesting that they're harder for them to get. Now that you mention it, I've rarely seen them, and they don't seem to have been promoted as much.

Nice regarding the polishing service, will be fun to receive back your pieces looking all shiny. :smile:

It's really small, and @etoile de mer is absolutely correct in that the jump ring won't fit through it. I also brought a silver chain to try it out, and the little Tiffany bar also won't fit through.

I thought about getting a second Tiffany silver chain, taking it to my local jeweler and have them remove the jump ring/Tiffany tag, loop the chain through the starfish, then solder the jump rinb/Tiffany tag back on. But what a pain... and if ever need the piece serviced, I would have to take it back to the jeweler and have him undo it.

That said though, after seeing the posts in this thread, I'm going to keep it on the black silk cord. @etoile de mer posted her amazing starfish collection, and I now really like it with the black silk cord.

@etoile de mer I have a question for you... the loop where the knot goes through seems loose. Does yours ever fall out? Since my cord is 30" and I could just put it on over my head, I was thinking of taking it to my tailor and having her sew a little thread to make the loop smaller to be sure it doesn't fall out. I'm new to this black silk cord business! What do you think?

Interesting about your loop being a bit big. Mine are quite snug. It's actually a bit of work to push the knots through the loops! I'm sure they do vary, as they are handmade. But, I'm with you, I think the loop should be a bit smaller on yours. Maybe you could exchange yours via mail? Might be easier than getting yours altered. Is the loop size on your 18" cord the same (a bit big)?

Maybe others here that have pieces with black cords can also offer advice. Sorry for the bother! But I appreciate that you mentioned it, as I'll ask them to check the one I request to be sent.

Last edited:
Here is my loop hole. Both cords (18” upper right and 30” lower left) look the same. Same size knot and loop hole. I think I’ll leave it the way it is. I am annoying myself thinking about it. :shocked:
Packing it up in the little blue box, and off I go home tomorrow.

Thank you again for all your help and advice.

View attachment 5066105

Safe travels, today! :broom: And thanks so much again for sharing your shopping trip with us! :flowers:

Reactions: BigAkoya
I would be afraid to lose the starfish , personally. But I am careless and wear 10 necklaces at once.
I love the black cord look though:lol:
Decision, decision.
Team starfish with diamonds earrings.

Yes to diamonds! :flowers:

I have an older Peretti black silk cord that I purchased years back to use on a (non Peretti) Tiffany convertible brooch. I just pulled it out to inspect and report back to the group. :P Interestingly, its loop to knot proportion is definitely larger than the ones I bought later. I hadn't used it for quite a while, and was surprised to see it slips in and out much more easily, enough to possibly cause concern with use. But apparently, that's how they were designed. Seems these have definitely varied over the years!

• Love
Reactions: BigAkoya and limom
For those with loops too big for comfort, would tying a small piece of black sewing thread to make the hole smaller work? My hole was too, too small and fighting with it broke it despite trying so hard to be gentle. Hopefully it comes back from NYC next week as planned but if it's too small again, I'm tempted to add a jump ring and small lobster clasp to grab the loop to open and close it. My hair would hide it anyway and I think Elsa would understand...I also changed the 16" cord for an 18".

My bottle necklace arrived. Fast shipping and super shiny, much better than the piece at the boutique.

My regular SA is no longer with Tiffany, so I had another SA last week. The person was very new, and I had to explain what the pieces were (e.g. Sevillana has the big "O" :shocked:). I was actually surprised new SAs are not trained on the collections and quizzed on them. I know all of us can list them from memory!

A repeating theme was "we don't have it, but we can order it". Lesson learned for me here is I will do more online shopping when it comes Tiffany, especially for pieces I pretty much know will work. They have free shipping and returns so you can't lose.

This was all included in my shipped order... I even got the Tiffany shopping bag. It's like going to a real boutique! Nice!

7BFF83AE-69B3-4E94-82CA-EC5D78ADFB74.jpeg

My bottle necklace arrived. Fast shipping and super shiny, much better than the piece at the boutique.

My regular SA is no longer with Tiffany, so I had another SA last week. The person was very new, and I had to explain what the pieces were (e.g. Sevillana has the big "O" :shocked:). I was actually surprised new SAs are not trained on the collections and quizzed on them. I know all of us can list them from memory!

A repeating theme was "we don't have it, but we can order it". Lesson learned for me here is I will do more online shopping when it comes Tiffany, especially for pieces I pretty much know will work. They have free shipping and returns so you can't lose.

This was all included in my shipped order... I even got the Tiffany shopping bag. It's like going to a real boutique! Nice!

View attachment 5069719
Very pretty! I love the bottle stopper!