if money was no object....what bag in the world would you have?

Iluvbags said:
There's nothing wrong with limiting yourself to purchasing only things that you've "heard of or are familiar with". That's the great thing about being an individial. We can purchase what we want and what we like without regards for what other people think.

Remember, we are spending our own money on our own bags so I don't think it's fair to criticize someone for their own personal opinion.

This is a an open, friendly forum. I would hate for someone to hold back expressing thier opinion for fear of what others may think.

look, i don't know where in there i was trying to stamp down someone's individuality, but if someone's having trouble finding a bag they want, i don't think it's incorrect (or particularly rude) to suggest that the bag for them might be out there if they looked in to some smaller or newer brands. i didn't say that she had to (or even that she should) go out and spend her money on something that she didn't like or on a brand that she didn't believe was high quality, i was just suggesting that opening up her options a little bit might find her exactly what she wants, particularly if she's fairly new to this.

if she didn't want to hear what anyone thought about what she was looking for, maybe she shouldn't have started a thread about it (you did say, after all, that i am in no position to comment on her "personal opinion"). i'm not trying to squelch the free exchange of thought on here or scare anyone away, but i am allowed to disagree with her, am i not?

i'm not looking for a fight, but if we can't express our opinions on here, then what can we do?

Having an open mind is a good thing. :smile: Not every good bag is known, I'm sure at one time Isabella Fiore, Balenciaga, and Hermes were all unknown. Then again I always believe in the right to choose and have your own opinion. I don't think that having opinions scares folks away. Read the previous Dooney post...that might have scared that poster away.

I have always been a fan of the LV Damier collection, and this gorgeous bag would be my choice:

At $1600, it's quite the pretty penny. Usually I just stalk a bag until it dips into my price range, but LV never goes on sale :sad:

simply said:
noriko, i should have been more clear. I'm not sure how to explain this in a way for you to understand....Its like women have to have bags...shoes...lots of them...and you buy them because its either cheap or you just bought it at the spur of the moment because your a complusive buyer :biggrin: (haha i'm sooo not talking about me or anything!!! :embarasse), and there are some bags that i do own....that i don't really see myself using that much...but i use it because i bought it...or either it matched my outfit at the time and i didn't have any other bag to use...basically a subsitute for the time being.....because it would be waste to have the bag sitting in the closet building up with dust....AND its probably worth keeping than selling.... so i consider those are the ones i'm ashamed of using.. :smile: get it?

:lol: Still not sure what there is to be ASHAMED of. I mean, so you bought something you're not going to use every single day, so what? I have many bags that have only seen the light of day once and I'll tell someone straight up if they ask. I guess thats where we differ. I guess I still don't see your point, though I understand what you're saying. In any case, we're all different:biggrin:

Noriko said:
:lol: Still not sure what there is to be ASHAMED of. I mean, so you bought something you're not going to use every single day, so what? I have many bags that have only seen the light of day once and I'll tell someone straight up if they ask. I guess thats where we differ. I guess I still don't see your point, though I understand what you're saying. In any case, we're all different:biggrin:

yeap definately we are all different...and my goodness so much hostility towards one post....(not you)

Ladies.. this thread is about what bag you could have if money didn't matter!! Just meant to be fun, so don't take it too seriously!

Beautiful Paddy lolarose!

I actually like Dior's new line of saddle bag. It looks like it can hold more stuff than their old ones.

And if $ was no object to me, I would want Fendi's crocodile bag!!