If Jewelry Designers = Handbag Designers

I love this thread! Who is Gucci? New school Gucci especially since I am already getting ready to laugh at the answer. Who is Prada?
I love this thread! Who is Gucci? New school Gucci especially since I am already getting ready to laugh at the answer. Who is Prada?
New Gucci is maybe Chopard happy line. Somewhat interesting to see but never really hits the mark.

JAR. . . Dior haute couture? Or, Duret.com for bags because both have a very particular aesthetic
and an artist’s sensibility evident in their work. This is not negotiable and, to a large extent, the client has to
share that aesthetic in order to be satisfied with the final product

ETA:
Foundrae . . . GUCCI - blingy and hardware intensive

Harry Winston is IMO definitely Carolina Herrera

Stephen Webster (the new colorful Stephen Webster) Paul Smith

De Grisagono or old Stephen Webster (I thought he was somewhat lux goth). . . brunello cuchinelli monili

jacques duclos . . . Elizabeth Lock for her bespoke signature look and craft sensibility

duret . . . Gurhan, elegant, wacky, design oriented, and an acquired taste

peter nitz - briony Raymond, both custom ateliers with very high quality and a refined aesthetic,
willing to work with a client to achieve a certain vision

Graff. . . Naeem khan, feminine, pretty and well heeled

Bayco. . . roger vivier, sparkly

pomellato . . . Loro Piana, no rough edges

fred Leighton/Kwiat . . . Oscar de la Renta

Last edited:
Love this game!

Gucci is Gucci, they've made jewellery since the 1970s

or maybe

Buccellati is Gucci, the were founded within 2 years of each other (1919 & 1921 respectively) and are the epitome of Italian style, Buccellati with precious metal and Gucci with leather

Solange Azagury Partridge is Schiaparelli, because it's imaginative, surreal and overpriced

Jessica McCormack is Moynat because it's slightly quirky, has an old-world look and is idiosyncratically priced

Cartier is Hermes, French, iconic designs, hold value, the most popular pieces are not always the most practical pieces, and many vintage pieces are jaw-dropping.

Theo Fennell is Thom Browne, novelty rules, witty, expensive and sometimes plain crazy

Asprey is Asprey but it wants to be Joseph Duclos

Boodles is Mulberry, classic with a twist, good quality materials, fairly practical and my sister likes both

Fabergé is Perrin Paris, what you see is not what you get, colourful and the most iconic product is round

VCA is Chanel, very French, very feminine, very collectable, very expensive and always hard to get what you want in the right size

I notice people who like Hermes tend to gravitate towards VCA - frivolous style, emphasis on craftsmanship, slow pace.

Tiffany is very LV - mass appeal and brand recognition (super iconic blue box/LV logo), accessible yet still classy. Entry-level lux that holds value.

Those two I feel strongly about, and then... I guess Cartier is like Chanel, they've both got that one incredibly recognizable thing that gets a price increase each year and it's the same one thing on everyone's wishlist (LOVE, black flap...).

Yay! I love this game!
Some of you really hit the nail on the head, so I am sharing your ideas. Please pardon me; I just really agree with you. As for my other answers, I have no explanations for why I see things this way. These comparisons were just the first things that popped into my head:

Graff: Hermès
VCA: Moynat
Harry Winston: Delvaux
Cartier: Chanel
Mikimoto: Dior
Tiffany: LV
Bulgari: Fendi
Roberto Coin: Saint Laurent
John Hardy: Gucci
David Yurman: Givenchy
Pandora: Coach

Just for fun....I was thinking about handbag and jewelry brand rough equivalents. Some of my thoughts:

Graff = Hermes - very exclusive, iykyk, prides itself on the utmost handmade quality, hard to get

Cartier = Chanel - the OG Parisian chic, many who first wade into luxury have as their HG, "average layperson" thinks of Chanel classic and Love bangle as the ultimate in luxury

Tiffany = Louis Vuitton - always coming up with new designs and interesting collaborations, Tiffany silver is the "gateway" for collectors like LV canvas, very ubiquitous and most duped

Bluenile = Mansur Gavriel - the first major online disruptor selling basic, unbranded but quality classic pieces

Mejuri = Polene - mostly online, design-forward quality and affordable pieces, the ones that many DTC companies are trying to copy

Costco = Longchamp - Costco diamonds are the Longchamp Pliage...practical, dependable quality at a good price, your workhorse piece

What do you think? What are others...like "who" is Bulgari (Fendi)? Or Chopard (Ferragamo)? Maria Tash = Off White or Jacquemus?
This great!