ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

The style looks like a Sonoma Tote Natural Grain, style 4915. The creed says Made in Italy so this was probably made in very late 1993 or early 1994. We've seen a few other early Sonomas with the old all-numeric style numbers and it's not a problem.

View attachment 3742308

Thank you on all accounts, Hyacinth! I appreciate your thoroughness. Wow!

ETA: I just checked, and I have a 4915. Mine does does not have a center zippered pocket. My 4915 appears to be wider then it is long.
The listing looks the opposite in size. I'm stumped. I have not seen this in the limited catalogs I have, including the premier of Sonomas.

Last edited:
Thank you on all accounts, Hyacinth! I appreciate your thoroughness. Wow!

ETA: I just checked, and I have a 4915. Mine does does not have a center zippered pocket. My 4915 appears to be wider then it is long.
The listing looks the opposite in size. I'm stumped. I have not seen this in the limited catalogs I have, including the premier of Sonomas.

Sorry, I don't have it in any of my catalogs either. There are several style numbers for which I've never found any information so it might be one of those. Maybe the 4915 style replaced it early in production, or the 2 styles were too similar and one was eliminated. Things like inside pocket details sometimes were changed on the fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Couturexec
Anyone have an id on this one? It's little like a Dinky with sewn on straps, but has a zip top and slip pocket inside. Made in NYC. I'm just calling it my "Dinky Basic Bag" for now [emoji846]IMG_1498855198.167111.jpg IMG_1498855216.935391.jpg

Anyone have an id on this one? It's little like a Dinky with sewn on straps, but has a zip top and slip pocket inside. Made in NYC. I'm just calling it my "Dinky Basic Bag" for now [emoji846]View attachment 3749144 View attachment 3749146

The Summer 1986 catalog (below) shows 9655 as a Zippered Pouch. The 1983 Fall catalog uses the name Small Zippered Pouch as another of its early names, and a 1997 remake was called a Small Zip Pouch. I don't have any mention of "disco" in the names.

9655_Zippered Pouch-Summer 1986-a.jpg

9655_Small Zippered Pouch-Fall 1983-b.jpg

Last week I stopped at the Saks Off 5th outlet and I took a photo of the crammed and messy Coach display and posted it in the Out Spy Pics thread at the link below.

We were wondering about the large saddle bag with the front buckle pocket on the top shelf. Does anyone recognize this bag? Perhaps another brand got mixed in with the Coach items but I see hangtags on the similar red and light blue bags next to it.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/outlet-spy-pics.960394/page-12#post-31456774

Last week I stopped at the Saks Off 5th outlet and I took a photo of the crammed and messy Coach display and posted it in the Out Spy Pics thread at the link below.

We were wondering about the large saddle bag with the front buckle pocket on the top shelf. Does anyone recognize this bag? Perhaps another brand got mixed in with the Coach items but I see hangtags on the similar red and light blue bags next to it.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/outlet-spy-pics.960394/page-12#post-31456774
Coach Charlie Hobo F29881

Reactions: katev
Last week I stopped at the Saks Off 5th outlet and I took a photo of the crammed and messy Coach display and posted it in the Out Spy Pics thread at the link below. We were wondering about the large saddle bag with the front buckle pocket on the top shelf. Does anyone recognize this bag? Perhaps another brand got mixed in with the Coach items but I see hangtags on the similar red and light blue bags next to it. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/outlet-spy-pics.960394/page-12#post-31456774

Coach Charlie Hobo F29881

Mystery solved, thanks!

Reactions: houseof999