I spy return of Jackie!

Dates and types of Jackies and Bouviers (most of this is quoting myself from the Gucci Information Thread)

Approx. Jackie/Bouvier Time line

late 1958 - Bouvier first made

early 1961 - Jackie (like the Bouvier but with a wider gusset and piston lock) first made

1970s both variations available

late-90s mini Jackies (not as small as 2020's mini)

mid-00s Bouviers and Jackies available, Bouviers in some incredibly detailed embellishments on Ltd. Ed. variations

Late-00s (2008?) New Jackie launched (the very large size scaled down in 2010)

2011 original jackie re-launched with extra length in shoulder strap

2014 - Jackie Soft launched

2020 - Jackie 1961 (re)launched, including a mini version

Just got the new mini Jackie in the regular canvas!! So excited! Was considering the small size, but it looked a little too big on my frame/looked a little weird for my age group (early 20s), so I'm very happy with the mini! It's sooo cute and tiny! And it fits my phone, cardholder, and key pouch which is all I really carry.

Attachments

• photo_2021-01-15_11-37-21.jpg
    photo_2021-01-15_11-37-21.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 51
I have the same question regarding the leather Jackie; does it maintain its structure well?
Im debating between getting a small Jackie in black or a Ysl Le maillon crossbody. I’m just unsure about the Jackie because it doesn’t close. I guess I just want to know how secure it is? If things tend to fall out or if it feels like a relatively safe bag to carry while travelling/ on public transport?

My cousin was carrying a Jackie to our recent Thanksgiving gathering that I really loved - I was hoping you all might be able to help me place it. It was the classic Jackie shape with the over-the-shoulder strap, but also had a longer strap attached. What really caught my eye was a plated luggage tag-type embellishment with “G. Gucci” embossed on it.

Are you familiar with this type of Jackie?

My cousin was carrying a Jackie to our recent Thanksgiving gathering that I really loved - I was hoping you all might be able to help me place it. It was the classic Jackie shape with the over-the-shoulder strap, but also had a longer strap attached. What really caught my eye was a plated luggage tag-type embellishment with “G. Gucci” embossed on it.

Sounds like it could be a Jackie from AW11 (90 years collection)

I found you some pics.

It was called the 1921 Collection Jackie (2011, 90th Anniversary). Love this version

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.21.31.pngScreenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.21.45.png