I said a funny thing about handbags out loud this Friday night!

one girl was saying how she can't afford real coach bags or whatever:confused1: I don't know about you, but I, unfortunately, have been to one of these purse parties before, for my girlfriends daughter (of course did not buy anything) anyway I thought the prices were VERY high, they wanted like over $100 for a tiny fake coach bag! I think these people are just unaware, you could soooo go to a coach outlet and at least get a real bag for a similar amount of money! I think some of these people are sooooo mislead, it's upsetting. And if you can't afford to spend a little more money on something real isn't it silly to waste $100's on something that is essentially worthless??
You know what? Some people had never actually walked into any designer boutiques and only heard about those bags being very very expensive and impossible to be owned by their friend's friend's friends... :lol: They are those who are already intimidated by look of the posh boutiques and never dared to even step in. So when they got to know that a fake is selling for $100, they thought that it's a deal as perhaps in their mind, an authentic one is going for ten times the amount..! :rolleyes:

this is what i always say when people use that " i can't afford a real one" excuse.:rolleyes: think about the bags like cars. if you can't afford a mercedes do you stick the benz symbol on the hood of your honda? you're not fooling anybody and you look stupid.:yes: just buy what you can afford. no one will judge you, just because you carry a no name. JMO

i literally lifted my hands off the keyboard and clapped a couple of times after reading this post! soooo true.

this is what i always say when people use that " i can't afford a real one" excuse.:rolleyes: think about the bags like cars. if you can't afford a mercedes do you stick the benz symbol on the hood of your honda? you're not fooling anybody and you look stupid.:yes: just buy what you can afford. no one will judge you, just because you carry a no name. JMO

:roflmfao: Your post cracked me up!
This is so true..... and I hate to say it but people really do that to their cars. They call them "clones" or even try to pass them off as the real deal. My husband and I are part of a car forum and you have no idea how many guys do this to their cars. Example: One guy bought a brand new Mustang GT and then bought all the accessories to pass it off as a Shelby GT500. People never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:

LOVE IT!!!! :roflmfao:

I haven't seen fakes go that high but I've seen it go that high on online fake stores. They're usually priced no more than $50 the few purse parties I've gotten dragged into.

It's hard to say anything nowadays, cause even if you think a person's carrying a real bag, it may not be, and vice versa. I just bite my tongue......HARD!!!

The first time I heard about purse parties I laughed, but that was before I fully understood the ramifications and illegal-ness (is that a word?) of the whole thing :wtf: .

Thankfully I've never been to one. I got invited to one and I was so relieved I had a conflict so I didn't have to go into a long rant with the hostess about how I don't support fakes at ALL. (hmmm...maybe I should have anyway!)

At the place where I get my nails done there's a super tacky baker's rack against one wall all full of fake LV and it's all I can do not to :throwup: :cursing: