i need a new bag!

^^No no its not stupid at all! You should feel like you can come to us. We're just giving you a swift kick in the tuckus so you don't end up in a nonflavoured garbage bag. you came to us for help to upheld this, and thats all we are trying to do. its nothing personal in that sense, we just want whats best for you. only you can do it, but were here for support and rational thinking.

kallison, I really have your best interest at heart. I don't want you taking on too much. You were just talking about spending too much and now you're taking this trip and spending even more money. I want you to go to London and have a good time. Just think about your expenses.

A new bag isn't a legit expense sweety. You can go to brookstone and buy yourself one of those travel cases that you can put your passport and stuff in and keep it around your neck or body. Also QVC. I highly recommend them as well. You don't need a swing pack. You want one.

If you're good now, think about how much fun you can have with the money you are saving for your trip. I don't want you to not be able to go to school because you've spent all your money. Let's just try to find alternatives. Non coach alternatives.

Do you sew at all? For a few bucks you can get an Amy Butler pattern and a yard or so of her fabric and make a GORGEOUS - and packable - bag with some room. I've made a lot of her bags and every one is great!

I do understand where you're coming from .. I would rather spend $50 on a bag I will use again as opposed to $20 on a bag that I'll just use for a trip and then never use it again. lesportsac has some totally cute + durable bags though, like aarti said. I would go check out a tj maxx, marshalls, etc. before you go to the coach outlet but DON'T buy something just to buy it!! if you're not going to be happy with something, go ahead and get the swingpack. they should be pretty cheap this weekend at the outlets with the sales.

I do understand where you're coming from .. I would rather spend $50 on a bag I will use again as opposed to $20 on a bag that I'll just use for a trip and then never use it again. lesportsac has some totally cute + durable bags though, like aarti said. I would go check out a tj maxx, marshalls, etc. before you go to the coach outlet but DON'T buy something just to buy it!! if you're not going to be happy with something, go ahead and get the swingpack. they should be pretty cheap this weekend at the outlets with the sales.
i think you understand my mentality a little bit.
if i'm going to shell out the money for something, i might as well make it something that i'll use later. no point in spending the money, using it once, and letting it sit in my closet. you know? and i figure, in my defense, i have over $1000 in stuff i'm taking back to the boutique, DURING a time when it's possible i could get a coupon...

and, fine, i'll give up on my idea of new luggage. i'm stealing a friends instead...