I got my daughters' ears pierced! Help!

Your daughters could be sensitive to nickel. I believe even 14K gold has a tiny amount of nickel in it. You may want to get some surgical steel post earrings and leave them in day and night for a long time (like months). I's allergic to nickel. I had my ears pierced originally many years ago as a teenager. After years of wearing only 14K, I was able to wear silver (I never tried gold filled or gold plated).

Then I had my ears re-pierced at a piercing shop a couple of years ago. I wanted the hole more centered. I put in some small 14k diamond stud earrings and followed the instructions for cleaning the piercings for the suggested period of time (probably 8 weeks). Then I tried wearing my other earrings (gold and silver). I kept having problems. My ears would not heal. I finally got diamond studs set in platinum (apparently no one is allergic to platinum). Even then, it took a while for my ears to heal completely. I have very sensitive skin. I had to wear only the platinum studs for maybe 6 months before they were really healed. Looking back, if I had been more patient instead of wanting to wear my other earrings after 8 weeks, I would have been better off.
I would suggest that (since you probably don't want to buy platinum of a little child who could easily lose them), you get some surgical steel earrings (maybe from a piercing shop); they sell hoops and studs. Then leave them in for a good long time. I know the girls want to wear their cute earrings but every time they get re-infected it just prolongs the time until they are fully healed.
I'm finally at the stage where I can wear my silver earrings again. But I still don't wear them for more than a couple of days and then put my platinum back in.

my mom had my ears pierced when i was a baby to stop people from saying "what a cute little boy!" lol

i had 2nd holes pierced when i was in college, except i didn't keep up with keeping earrings in & they closed up... i tried repiercing and while my right ear seems fine, my left seems prone to infection. i had to let it close up again... one of these days i'll get around to repiercing it.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. One dd switched to regular 14K gold post earrings and those will be staying in for a while, the other dd wants nothing to do with changing earrings so she's just going to stick with the starter ones.