I bought my first SPEEDY in Paris!

congrats on your new speedy!! DH and I are planning a trip to paris in the summer of '07 and I cannot wait!! My mc speedy came with a drawstring dustbag but everything else I have gotten had the flap dustbag.

PGN said:
congrats on your new speedy!! DH and I are planning a trip to paris in the summer of '07 and I cannot wait!! My mc speedy came with a drawstring dustbag but everything else I have gotten had the flap dustbag.
You will not believe how gorgeous Paris is - I can never get enough - I have great cafes and restaurants for you when you are ready!!.

SuzyZ said:
I'm back from Paris - the city was gorgeous (as usual) and I had an amazing time - while I was there, I checked out 3 of the 4 Gerard Darel shops - Truthfully just didn't love the bags enough to buy one - It had nothing to do with the fact that they were on every girl's arm.

Congrats on your new Speedy! Sounds like a perfect Paris shopping excursion.
Not to digress, but since you are fresh from the city of lights I was hoping you could give me a little GD 411. What size and color GD bags did you see the most? Was there anything that almost tempted you? What type of woman carried the GD bags in Paris?

Thanks so much for any info - and congratulations on a timeless purchase at LV!
:amuse:

I heard Mariah Carey's new video was shot at night in that store......sounds like a very memorable speedy purchase, congrats! The New York store was pretty spectacular when I was there in February for the green perforated speedy.

beauxgoris said:
Congrats on your new Speedy! Sounds like a perfect Paris shopping excursion.
Not to digress, but since you are fresh from the city of lights I was hoping you could give me a little GD 411. What size and color GD bags did you see the most? Was there anything that almost tempted you? What type of woman carried the GD bags in Paris?

Thanks so much for any info - and congratulations on a timeless purchase at LV!
:amuse:
The store on Blvd. St.Germain was very crowded and there were many bags - for some reason, almost every bag I saw had those little ties on each end (don't know the name) they came in a lot of colors but they all seemed to have those ties - the girls in the streets that were carrying them were young and younger - I didn't notice them on older women. The only GD I liked was a stunning python one and it was about 850 euros - I didn't like it enough for that price. That's when I decided to go with LV.

Wow, congrats!!! ;)
Btw, the price you paid is really cheap since I'm paying the same in Amsterdam for a Speedy 25 :weird: !!!

*mental note to plan a trip to Paris asap*

Cece31 said:
Wow, congrats!!! ;)
Btw, the price you paid is really cheap since I'm paying the same in Amsterdam for a Speedy 25 :weird: !!!

*mental note to plan a trip to Paris asap*
Thanks for that info Cece - makes it even sweeter to know I got a good deal. The Speedy 25 was 395 euros - I know because I tried it for size.

SuzyZ

First off, if you want the stringy one, go to ANY LV store in your area and simply ask for one. Tell them you need a dustbag with strings for your speedy. I always get dustbags from LV and boxes too. If they ask, just tell them you lost it or you need an extra. If they ever say they don't have any, just tell them you'd be back and get them next time.

I have extras lying around the house I wish I can send you one. LOL

With that being said, Congratulations on your SPEEDY purchase! AND you were in PARIS!! at the FLAGSHIP STORE!

You lucky girl you~
I'm very happy for you and I'm sure you'll work it everywhere!! Have fun

My goal is to head to Paris by the year 2008. But any money I save up I end up purchasing bags with it.. :Push: LOL.. this has to stop.. I will PM you to ask for pretty places to visit if I ever make it!

joanna said:
SuzyZ

First off, if you want the stringy one, go to ANY LV store in your area and simply ask for one. Tell them you need a dustbag with strings for your speedy. I always get dustbags from LV and boxes too. If they ask, just tell them you lost it or you need an extra. If they ever say they don't have any, just tell them you'd be back and get them next time.

I have extras lying around the house I wish I can send you one. LOL

With that being said, Congratulations on your SPEEDY purchase! AND you were in PARIS!! at the FLAGSHIP STORE!

You lucky girl you~
I'm very happy for you and I'm sure you'll work it everywhere!! Have fun

My goal is to head to Paris by the year 2008. But any money I save up I end up purchasing bags with it.. :Push: LOL.. this has to stop.. I will PM you to ask for pretty places to visit if I ever make it!
Please do Joanna, I have so much to share!!!