How to prevent patina???

kimmy said:
ok , so how come some sellers ie. thehuangfamily for example are still selling LV cherry blossom items which have no pantina.. have they re-done the leathe ron them or what .. i dont get it ??

Presumably a combo of being relatively young, minimal use and exposure i would think

blushingbaby said:
I was wondering the same thing! Perhaps they just kept it in the duster and never used them, knowing they would fetch a nice price if they waitied till it was disco'd?
Maybe have the handles changed before selling it?

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Oh this is so funny to me! I don't like the brand new look of LV when it's new! Isn't it funny how different our tastes are! I actually decided against a new Batignolles because it looked too fresh {it was new from NMs}

I completely agree with you. I wanted to get a Speedy 25, and went as far going to the LV store to get it. When they took one out, it just looked too new and slightly fake to me. So, I just won an older one, already with darkened handles, on eBay.

SuLi said:
I completely agree with you. I wanted to get a Speedy 25, and went as far going to the LV store to get it. When they took one out, it just looked too new and slightly fake to me. So, I just won an older one, already with darkened handles, on eBay.

I had the same experience!! I actually looked at the speedy...decided not to get it...walked out...felt stupid about not getting a l.v when my father was shopping with me and WILLING to pay...so I walked back into Neimans...looked at the speedy again, and just couldnt get myself to buy it...LOL..let me tell you, the S.A was not very happy!
I ended up getting a damier papillon to avoid the vachetta.

If the leather is never exposed to light, especially sunlight, it will not darken. That's why the interior of my wallet will hopefully remain a nice light color.

kimmy said:
ok , so how come some sellers ie. thehuangfamily for example are still selling LV cherry blossom items which have no pantina.. have they re-done the leathe ron them or what .. i dont get it ??

Patina cannot be prevented...eventually it will occur.

Sellers (like thehuangfamily) with bags w/no patina keep them in the dustbag/box which keeps the leather light. Even if you never physically touched your bag handles, it would still patina because of the exposure to sun/air.