How to prevent patina???

*JJ*

En Vogue
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
1,925
195
so technically, if you don't touch it it won't darken? i saw the pochette marelle today at lv and i thought it was kinda cute but i hate the patina. but since it's a clutch you don't have to tough the leather.
anyone know?
plus, does anyone know if the trim darkens on the shoes too?
 

Attachments

  • lv marelle 360.jpg
    lv marelle 360.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • lv mc mule 380.jpg
    lv mc mule 380.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,004
Dec 6, 2005
4,020
861
kathyrose said:
It absorbs the oils from your hands and skin but I think it will age without you touching it still. I'm not sure. I hope someone here knows and will enlighten us.

Yes, the patina connotes the natural aging (plus exposure to the elements) of the vachetta, but it will also darken from the use. I have some old LV pieces that were/are hardly used, and they still have the patina.
 

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
88,008
17,179
Oh this is so funny to me! I don't like the brand new look of LV when it's new! Isn't it funny how different our tastes are! I actually decided against a new Batignolles because it looked too fresh {it was new from NMs}
 
Dec 6, 2005
4,020
861
SwankyMamaof3 said:
Oh this is so funny to me! I don't like the brand new look of LV when it's new! Isn't it funny how different our tastes are! I actually decided against a new Batignolles because it looked too fresh {it was new from NMs}

SwankyMama this is O/t but you said you bought a Gucci with Cargo pockets? I really loved one at Saks, it was the beige/ebony fabric with the mandarin leather trim, with the two pockets in front. Is that the same bag?
 

kathyrose

The Bargain Hunter
O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
17,496
55
BagLovingMom said:
Yes, the patina connotes the natural aging (plus exposure to the elements) of the vachetta, but it will also darken from the use. I have some old LV pieces that were/are hardly used, and they still have the patina.
Thanks for the answer. I don't mind the patina, I just want it even. Glad to know this.
 

kimmy

@LV Princess@
O.G.
Dec 10, 2005
1,936
7
ok , so how come some sellers ie. thehuangfamily for example are still selling LV cherry blossom items which have no pantina.. have they re-done the leathe ron them or what .. i dont get it ??
 

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
88,008
17,179
BagLovingMom said:
SwankyMama this is O/t but you said you bought a Gucci with Cargo pockets? I really loved one at Saks, it was the beige/ebony fabric with the mandarin leather trim, with the two pockets in front. Is that the same bag?

Probably, let me snap a photo and I'll start a thread w/ your name.
 
Jan 25, 2006
2,587
24
kimmy said:
ok , so how come some sellers ie. thehuangfamily for example are still selling LV cherry blossom items which have no pantina.. have they re-done the leathe ron them or what .. i dont get it ??

I was wondering the same thing! Perhaps they just kept it in the duster and never used them, knowing they would fetch a nice price if they waitied till it was disco'd?
 
Top