How some sellers on eBay think regarding fakes.

:cursing:This is so frustrating and upsetting. I sincerely believe that the majority of handbags are not authentic. I, too, have reported bags - time and time again - and nothing is done about it. I don't know how this continues to happen. I have a bunch of new handbags and several that I'd like to get rid of to make room for the new....the thoughts of EBay makes my stomach hurt. I just can't deal. There are people selling one fake after another and can continue to do so, however; I will never sell my authentic bags, because I'm asking a reasonable price for them and because I have no 'feedback'.
What a crock of poop.

Exactly.. that's all I do.. I don't buy to resell, I just like to make room for the new in my closet and my checkbook :P so I will ocassionally sell one or two completely authentic bags.. but people like this make it hard!!!! :cursing:

This is why I don't buy Coach from Ebay....or any name brand item for that matter.
I do buy, but am extremely careful. I don't buy accessories at all, but bags, yes. Also I sell bags occasionally, when I find a good deal that I decide I don't want to keep after all or if I find something else I like better.
Totally agree that buying is tricky, but also I collect vintage needlepoint bags, and have found some gorgeous ones on ebay.
It's sad so many honest people get scammed, but just like buying a car, you have to do the research.

I asked a seller to post actual pics of a couple of their Coach listings as they are currently using stock photos.
I wanted the a pic of the creed and I was told that they could tell me what was written on the creed! I then asked for photos (again!) and was told that when they have time they will post pics. I then said I needed them because of all the fakes on eBay and was sent this reply;

So it seems to me that this seller thinks that if it's a cheaper price they can list it as an authentic Coach bag and it's the buyer's fault if they believe the listing to be true!

This logic is soooo flawed!!! :cursing::cursing: It's like saying "I only sell illegal drugs because drug addicts are willing to buy them"...yeah, that'll work well with the cop who arrests you, won't it?

Here's the thing

The seller was rude in his or her reply but its the truth. Common sense people. If that bag that's worth 300 dollars is being sold for 100, adding the ebay fees and what not, there is absolutely no profit to gain unless its an outlet bag or they got it as a gift and do not want to even attempt to make an exchange at the store (thanks to coach's generous return policy) and is happy to sell it at a fraction of the price. But the latter situation is rare.

In regards to ANY bag or item, think of yourself as the seller that is the best way to determine whether you're getting a steal or being stolen from.

That and posting it in threads to be checked if its authentic

And if lucky enough having seen the product irl and know the difference

Otherwise save yourself the headache. Get the experience of buying it in the boutique and pay retail for it.

It's common sense, we know or can find out the retail of a Coach or any bag.

There IS a lot of authentic Coach bags on ebay. Designer/Celebrity Inspired certainly outnumber authentic. When a seller lists a bag as Authentic and it is fake we notice that more.

The alternative would be for Coach itself to have it's own outlet on Ebay. There are many other companies or web companies already doing that.

What I don't understand about ebay, is they never seem to go after the so obvious counterfeit sellers. Why is it we all have to relentlessly report items time and time again, and ebay does NOTHING! There is the WORST patchwork fake that has been bid up to $177.00 and I've reported reported, reported reported, and it's still there! It seems like ebay won't pull a listing that already has bids on it...what does that tell us...they don't care as long as ebay is getting their final value fees. :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Sometimes ebay intervenes after the auction has ended, paypal will if the buyer reports it later.

Watch these particular sellers, after awhile they are no longer registered, but then new ones pop up. Due diligence, just keep reporting when you see a fake!

I think one of the best/worst things ebay did was to hide the bidder (bidder1, bidder2, etc) in the past I would contact the highest bidder and explain why the bag they were bidding on is a fake (with details) Always, always thankful! We can't do that anymore. To protect bidders from scammers!?! Big mistake!

It's common sense, we know or can find out the retail of a Coach or any bag.

There IS a lot of authentic Coach bags on ebay. Designer/Celebrity Inspired certainly outnumber authentic. When a seller lists a bag as Authentic and it is fake we notice that more.

The alternative would be for Coach itself to have it's own outlet on Ebay. There are many other companies or web companies already doing that.
Exactly..A&E has their own ebay store for DVDs. Smart move if you ask me, then the buyer absolutely knows they aren't getting a counterfeit item!

I would never buy from a seller that does not post clear pics of their item.
I always post at least 7-10 pics of what I am selling and answer all questions honestly.
To me, thats what selling on Ebay is all about (Charlie Brown)!
LOL! Had to throw that in there!