Share your stories about your first Hermes bag! Oh the memories...

My first bag (and only one that I have ON HAND at the moment....the others are on order) was/is a 27 cm saffron ostrich Bolide (picture posted in Member's Items). Weird choice to many, but the story is meaningful to me.

I had a beautiful St. John suit (gold, orange and olive threads) that I had never worn and I was waiting for a special occasion to wear it. Well, that occasion came this past February for my daughter's Christening. I, of course, needed a bag to go with it and I was acheing for an Hermes so I stopped in the boutique hoping they had an orange or potiron something on hand. They didn't, but my SA pulled out this lovely saffron ostrich Bolide and it was PERFECT! The color complimented the suit much better (and subtler than an orange). As it was a dress, special occasion bag, I didn't mind the small size - although my future Hermes will always be bigger. The saffron color in ostrich is really beautiful (although I can imagine saffron being a strange color in regular leathers). The background is bright - like the petals of a black-eyed susan, but the spots are a warm, caramel color. Very beautiful and neutral,but now that the Christening is over...I wish I could make it grow into a 31 cm :smile: . Oh well, it will always go with my special suit (and other things, I imagine) - I just have to make sure I never grow out of that suit!!:P

Hi Everyone,

I am definately a Hermes newbie. I really love the classic Kelly and Birkin, but alas I am only 21 and about to go to medical school. So I am very short on cash. I have Prada, Gucci, Fendi, and Dior in my collection, but I have yet to get a Hermes. I love reading all of your stories about getting your bags and makes me sigh because I can't wait to get one. Maybe after I am a doctor, I'll actually be able to afford one LOL.

So how old were you when you got your first Hermes bag? What made you decide to take the plunge? Was it worth the wait? I'm hoping this will give me hope that one day I too can share the joy of owning a beautiful Hermes.

So contribute your stories about your first Hermes purchase in this thread. Hopefully I will get inspired. LOL this forum is so addicting, I should be studying and writing papers and instead I am always online, seeing all of your new handbag finds! Being a student is no fun :crybaby:

Have a great day!

Socaltrojan :yes:

I claim no originality with this thread. There's one up on the Chanel forum and I thought it was really interesting. How old were you when you got your first Hermes bag? How old were you when you got your first Kelly or Birkin? I'm 20 and am nowhere near buying a Hermes, but my mom is contemplating getting her first Birkin in the near future (she's 49), perhaps in June when we go to Paris. If I get into Yale law, I *may* beg for a Kelly, as I think that would suit me better, but even then, I don't know if I should get one. Anyway, rambling. How old were you?

Reactions: mrs.posh
I got my first Hermes scarf at 30 (at the mothership - now that was a great experience:yahoo: ) and then did not think much about Hermes for another 10 years. Got my first Kelly at 40 when I rediscovered Hermes!

nerdphanie, we've had this thread in the hermes subforum before, but it's always nice to pour some salt on my wounds by hearing about you "late bloomers.":rolleyes:
30 for my first hermes purse. 33 for my first hermes scarf. still at that original tally.

Im 37 and do not own any Hermes~!:nuts:

"Late Bloomers" I am 37 and just got my first a few months ago...my Evelyne. My parents had bought me a scarf in Paris a few years ago. I am now, thanks to PF and surfing around from the Chanel and Balenciaga threads (my past passions) to Hermes, completely addicted to Hermes. I am dreaming of my first Birkin. I am selling off more bags that I will never use again to fund it. My husband is understanding but only to a certain degree. He did buy me a beautiful enamel H bracelet for Hanukkah but I need to exchange it for the GM size. He does not see the need to ever spend the money on one bag that it will cost to buy a birkin. I disagree!!!!:hysteric: