How often do you buy jewelry?

I say the same thing, then I see something new I can't live without, and i've already found 3 this week. I have to be good and only choose one or I'll be getting a divorce soon :biggrin:

I budget about 10K plus or minus a few K per year. I already spent all of it this year on two necklaces at retailed price. Unless, I find something that is so great or good deal, I won't buy anymore this year.

Since I started my jewelry collection this year I purchase pretty often...I am currently saving for a drop dead gorgeous pair of 5.5ct diamond hoops...will take me a while to save up because they are so expensive :sad: but I know they will be worth it.

These days pretty much once a year. My bank offers Christmas clubs so I have an automatic deduction set for every paycheck. Then on October 1 of each year they hand me a check and I go shopping. I do this to prevent the majority of regrettable impulse purchasing. Not that it wouldn't take two strong men to carry my wish list but with a whole year to observe what I'm wearing, what trends are sticking around, and which items keep floating to the top of my list I've had fewer bad decisions since I started limiting my purchasing this way.

This is related to the year I was in a job I hated that was situated in the center between three jewelry stores. :roflmfao: Luckily it was during the period gold was way down.

We have some great sample sales here in NYC and I've found a few incredible deals along the way elsewhere. So with temptation all around, I buy what makes my heart sing and rotate to match my mood.

I buy a signature piece every year on my birthday. That is a given, other than that I say 2 times a year I will get a major piece.

I am deciding right now if I want another love or something VCA. I will purchase in October.