How often do you buy jewelry?

For me, it goes in spurts. I'm trying to build a classic style collection, which I'm happy to do slowly, but if the perfect piece shows up, I'll get it. In the last calendar year, I've purchased a necklace, ring and a bracelet, and have had some things reset. I like getting things reset because it makes them have a new life and can be less expensive than buying new pieces.

For me it depends... I think I've been good (so far) in 2014 and we're almost halfway there! This year I received a really nice birthday present but haven't actually shelled out for anything.

I'm pretty happy with my jewelry but I bought voraciously in the last 3-5 years. I have perspective to see what was kind of a mistake and what I really love and cherish.

My birthday and tax returns always coincide so my largest purchases are in April/May. Then I usually buy something large at the end of the summer and again at the end of the year. So I make big purchases maybe 3 times a year.

I tend to starting itching for a jewellery purchase twice a year - around xmas time and around June/ July which coincides with my son's birthday and my birthday.

I really want a diamond initial necklace to mark my son's 2nd birthday and am also saving for a big jewellery piece (not sure I will have the funds by xmas though...)

Maybe twice a year? It depends on your definition of big purchase though. I used to buy more frequently but my big purchases were considered big even if they were Tiffany silver. Now I consider diamond and Cartier pieces my big ticket items

I have just started my jewelry collection this past year, so I have been going crazy with buying jewelry. I have probably been buying a nice piece every 2 months or so, some more expensive than others, but I feel like I am at a happy place with my jewelry collection now, so I think I'm going to slow down with the purchases for a while...

I like to get a nice piece once a year! But what with university and all I'm trying to cut back... and I've actually succeeded lol I haven't gotten anything since last summer, maybe I'll keep it that way for a while :smile:

Not nearly as often as I wish :smile:
but it really depends, there are a few things I like a lot but don't feel the rush to own. So in a way I'll put aside some cash until The One(s) comes along.