How Much Does Your Mulberry Bag Weigh?

I can't get to my bags at the moment as they're packed away behind a load of Christmas parcels, but I'd love to weigh my Elgin & Roxanne. lea-m, what leathers are your bags? I can't believe the Roxanne is only 20g heavier than the Elgin. Is it darwin? And your Bayswater as well. That seems very light - is it darwin, NVT or softgrain?

I don't mean to be picky but if we're going to use this as a reference thread, we need to be clear which specific bags the weights apply to :tup:

Roxanne and Elgin are in Darwin and Bayswater is Natural Leather (Chocolate).

I know that Natural Leather is supposed to be the same as Darwin but I used to have a Bayswater in Darwin Chocolate were the leather was a lot thicker then it is in this one.

I can't get to my bags at the moment as they're packed away behind a load of Christmas parcels, but I'd love to weigh my Elgin & Roxanne. lea-m, what leathers are your bags? I can't believe the Roxanne is only 20g heavier than the Elgin. Is it darwin? And your Bayswater as well. That seems very light - is it darwin, NVT or softgrain?

I don't mean to be picky but if we're going to use this as a reference thread, we need to be clear which specific bags the weights apply to :tup:

A small lightweight antiqued Mabel weighs 467g. I was surprised; I thought it would be lighter than that.
A Bays is that heavy? Wow! It's not the bag for me then, I'm not particularly strong.

Of all my Mulberry bags I would say my little rio rosemary is the heaviest - its like carrying a brick! Which is really weird because the lavendar one is no where near as heavy. So the science bit .. just nipping off to weigh them on the kitchen scales!...........

Yep the rio is a fat b...... 1190g, the lavendar 700g.

large or small antony ? now it doesn't take a lot to confuse me at the moment ,

Weight of roxy in darwin , nat veg tanned ,annie in darwin and weight of antony in nat beg tanned ?

I am obsessed with the weights , its my thing !!!

thanx Bagcrazy ,first visit yesterday , its slow going ! might have to have one more opo for shoulder , find out a week on tuesday. I am starting to concentrate again , all be it mixed up !!! ;)

Bumping again... I'm trying to establish how much lighter the bays darwin is than the roxy darwin (which I found too heavy). Two posts on this thread so far but they suggested different things! Any further evidence gratefully received! (annoying that Mulberry doesn't publish info about weights of its bags...)

:bump:

OK, today I'm going to sort out this thread!!!! :reading:

I agree we need to specify which leather the bag is made from as it does seem to make a difference. Natural leather is clearly lighter than darwin :rolleyes: Then we have variations maybe on individual bags & scales? Dunno. Or maybe different colours in the same leather weigh differently? Look at the choc & lavender rosies below. :confused1::confused1:

So here goes:

352g oak belle, darwin, blueberryuk
467g small mabel, light antiqued, ClaireL
490g choc somerset shoulder, soft grain, blueberryuk

580g ledbury, ?leather? salikons
616g burgundy antony, natural leather, blueberryuk
700g lavender rosemary, darwin, numnut
802g black seth, darwin, blueberryuk
802g oak somerset tote, ?leather? blueberryuk
835g east west bays, ?leather? salikons
882g choc large antony, soft grain, blueberryuk
890g choc rosemary, darwin, blueberryuk
920g bayswater, natural leather, lea-m
994g black alana, darwin, blueberryuk

1kg bayswater, darwin, klp0213
1065g annie, darwin, lea-m
1130g bayswater, ?leather? salikons
1143g elgin, darwin, lea-m
1154g oak annie, darwin, blueberryuk
1165g roxanne, darwin, lea-m
1170g choc elgin, darwin, blueberryuk
1176g choc bays, natural leather, blueberryuk
1190g rio rosemary, darwin, numnut
1206g roxanne, soft grain, salikons

Please feel free to add your bags to the list, thanks!