How long to book the stay for DES 2022?

suspenguin

Mar 26, 2022
Hi, Australian here looking to travel in late June-July this year for DES. How long should I book my trip for? I'm thinking of going to a few consultations first before deciding on a doctor and booking the surgery date. Will the DES waiting list be abnormally long due to covid? I'm thinking of staying for a month in Korea. Will this allow me to have enough time to go to consultation, book for surgery, wait for and get surgery, and attend the follow-up stitch removal? Should I plan for a longer trip? Thanks so much in advance.

Hi, Australian here looking to travel in late June-July this year for DES. How long should I book my trip for? I'm thinking of going to a few consultations first before deciding on a doctor and booking the surgery date. Will the DES waiting list be abnormally long due to covid? I'm thinking of staying for a month in Korea. Will this allow me to have enough time to go to consultation, book for surgery, wait for and get surgery, and attend the follow-up stitch removal? Should I plan for a longer trip? Thanks so much in advance.

Hello! Im from Australia too, looking for DES around September this year. Have you narrowed down your doctors yet?

Hi suspenguin,

I had my DES exactly 7 days ago. Majority of clinics would remove the stitches completely at the post 7 day mark.
They removed my crease stitches at 5 days post op and will remove my lateral canthoplasty and epicanthoplasty on day 7.

You would need 1 day consultation, 1 day surgery, 7 days post op, likely one more day for packing/COVID tests/flying out.
That makes it a bare minimum of 10 days total in Korea. Bare in mind if you are having fat removal they would likely advise you to stay even longer. Ask your patient coordinator, they generally give you a good estimate of days required.

If you have already paid a deposit with a date selected for your plastic surgery then you can proceed with 10 days, but if you haven't selected your clinic yet I advise you go with a minimum of 14 days in the case you are going during a very busy season.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: rayyyy123
Hi,
I did DES (non inisional) in February!
I also had the same worries since it was my first surgery.
Since I did non-incisional surgery, there was no stitches removal and most of my swelling went down by roughly the 10th to 14th day.
I think if you stay 1 month, it will be more than enough!
Good luck!

yep. min 14 days recovery recommended. I had set 3 weeks but didn't pass my first pcr test. I'm heading back in a few days and my eyes are still very bruised, plus my procedure was a lot more complex than avg due to functional repair and epi reversal. I'm worried about zoom meetings...

Hi,
Since I did non-incisional surgery, there was no stitches removal and most of my swelling went down by roughly the 10th to 14th day.
Good luck!
Hi, which clinic did u go?? Do you like it? I don't have any clinic in mind now, so going for 14 days. Any recommendations? Thanks

I did a consultation in person and was told I could achieve the results I wanted with a partial incisional DES which would heal faster than the full incisional. Surgery was done the next day and stitches were removed 5 days later. The stitch removal was the most painful thing, so honestly a week is enough if you’re only doing DES.

Hi, have you look at which clinic? Thanks

Hi, which clinic did you end up going? Do you like it? Thanks

Hi,
Good luck!
Hi looking at non inclusional DES too. Do you mind telling me which clinic and if you like it? There are reviews about bump and stitches coming off from some chat. Thanks

Hi,
Good luck!
Hi, My daughter is looking at DES non inclusional too, can I please ask if you like it, which clinic? Also any bumps or stitches issues? Thanks