How do you store your Chanel Handbags?

how has your experience been so far with the felt strap protectors ? thank you !

I didn't buy the ones I linked. Instead I made it out of felt myself but I found it a bit annoying to take off and put back on. Instead I made little 'socks' for my hooks so the chain isn't resting on the metal hooks. I find this better and gives a little cushion to the chain. :biggrin:

1636498421907.png

I keep mine in their Chanel boxes. Two weeks ago, I had water damage in my walking closet with water leaking from the roof onto my designer clothes and purses! Only one Chanel bag got a little wet, all the other were safely stored in their boxes. I have now bought transparent 40 Litres containers with a lid, and put in them the Chanel boxes in which I put the Chanel bags itself. Any thoughts on wether the lack of breathability of the leather will damage the purses? Thanks.

Reactions: lovieluvslux
I keep mine in their Chanel boxes. Two weeks ago, I had water damage in my walking closet with water leaking from the roof onto my designer clothes and purses! Only one Chanel bag got a little wet, all the other were safely stored in their boxes. I have now bought transparent 40 Litres containers with a lid, and put in them the Chanel boxes in which I put the Chanel bags itself. Any thoughts on wether the lack of breathability of the leather will damage the purses? Thanks.

Yes it will damage the purses. You should avoid storing in a plastic bag or sealed container as the handbag needs to breathe and the slightest bit of moisture can cause mildew/mold and/or tarnished hardware. Likewise if leather is exposed to direct sunlight and dry weather for a prolonged period, then it will start losing it’s colour while too much anti-humidity sachets can have a drying effect on the leather.

My LV SA told me the exact same as what @ka3na20 said. She also mentioned while boxes are not ideal, dust bags are OK.

Lately I find myself tucking the chains inside my bags - I do this for my classic flaps, minis and coco handle.

Have you guys tried this and what are your thoughts on this?
I've been tucking my bag chains inside the bags from day one for all my Chanel bags. I don't like the look of having the chains outside laying on the shelves or on top of the flap even if they are wrapped due to its weight.

Yes it will damage the purses. You should avoid storing in a plastic bag or sealed container as the handbag needs to breathe and the slightest bit of moisture can cause mildew/mold and/or tarnished hardware. Likewise if leather is exposed to direct sunlight and dry weather for a prolonged period, then it will start losing it’s colour while too much anti-humidity sachets can have a drying effect on the leather.

Thank you for your advice. I feared that the plastic boxes would not be a good idea. While it protected my purses from the water damage, it is not a long term solution....I guess I will have to put them in their dust bag only. Cheers!

Reactions: Stratford
Thank you for your advice. I feared that the plastic boxes would not be a good idea. While it protected my purses from the water damage, it is not a long term solution....I guess I will have to put them in their dust bag only. Cheers!

Of course glad to help in anyway I can. Not an expert, just sharing what I know. Also, while they are stored in the dustbags, it would also be good to air them out once in a while if you are not using them.