How do you store your Chanel Handbags?

Hello @All
one question: how do you store your chanel bags in your closet?
in the box, in the dustbag or without anything?
I just made some space in my closet because I threw a lot of things in the garbage that I don’t need anymore and I have one huge empty compartment and I would like to store the bags like in a museum where I just grab the one I like for that day...
would that have an impact on the quality of the bags?
it’s a closed closet by the way...I have to open it...
thanks in advance for your answers! :heart::biggrin:

Reactions: Electraview
It is not recommended to store them in the boxes as leather needs to breathe. I personally store them in their dust bags in a closed closet. Except the ones I use daily or are in the rotation (I keep them without the dust bags). I live in a very humid area so I air them daily for few hours (leave the closet open).
I have a closet with a glass door and I wish I’m brave enough to store my bags (the nicer ones/those which are not in rotation) without their dust bags there where I can admire them behind the glass! But they’ll accumulate dust (even with closet door closer) and I don’t like that! :doh:

edit: I just realized I replied in this thread before, I thought it’s a new one and was trying to help the poster (above).

I think you’ll get plenty of information if you read through the thread!

Last edited:
Thank you!!!
It is not recommended to store them in the boxes as leather needs to breathe. I personally store them in their dust bags in a closed closet. Except the ones I use daily or are in the rotation (I keep them without the dust bags). I live in a very humid area so I air them daily for few hours (leave the closet open).
I have a closet with a glass door and I wish I’m brave enough to store my bags (the nicer ones/those which are not in rotation) without their dust bags there where I can admire them behind the glass! But they’ll accumulate dust (even with closet door closer) and I don’t like that! :doh:

edit: I just realized I replied in this thread before, I thought it’s a new one and was trying to help the poster (above).

I think you’ll get plenty of information if you read through the thread!
thank you!
so I will store them outside the boxes...
:heart:

Ok so I think this is a new question. I used to store classic flaps with the chains tucked in on one side into the bag itself. Then I noticed that it left an indentation on the inner flap since the chain is gathered on one side...especially with lambskin. Has anyone experienced this?

So I started rolling them up with tissue and keeping them on top of the bag, just like how the store wraps a brand new bag’s chains. It seems to be better but now I’m worried it’ll be too heavy to sit on top of my bag in storage. Thoughts?

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
Ok so I think this is a new question. I used to store classic flaps with the chains tucked in on one side into the bag itself. Then I noticed that it left an indentation on the inner flap since the chain is gathered on one side...especially with lambskin. Has anyone experienced this?

So I started rolling them up with tissue and keeping them on top of the bag, just like how the store wraps a brand new bag’s chains. It seems to be better but now I’m worried it’ll be too heavy to sit on top of my bag in storage. Thoughts?
I noticed that too. i started storing the chain in the pocket on the other side. Also, i took the kids unused foam sheets and insert them between it between the inner and outer flaps. So far, this seems to help with the imprint from the chains and the love note zipper from the inner flap. Will see how long I can keep this up. Btw, I do this for my wocs too.

Does anyone else store their chains by pulling them to one side and then tucking it in under the side? If so, do you guys find that the top edge on that side of your bag (where the chain was tucked) get a little bit dented from the chains?

I noticed that too. i started storing the chain in the pocket on the other side. Also, i took the kids unused foam sheets and insert them between it between the inner and outer flaps. So far, this seems to help with the imprint from the chains and the love note zipper from the inner flap. Will see how long I can keep this up. Btw, I do this for my wocs too.

Do you find this stretches the pocket at all?

Does anyone else store their chains by pulling them to one side and then tucking it in under the side? If so, do you guys find that the top edge on that side of your bag (where the chain was tucked) get a little bit dented from the chains?

Not really. You can cut the foam sheet to smaller pieces and tuck it between the 2 flaps (where the chain and zipper make contact) without inserting it into the pocket.

I think she’s referring to the pocket on the dust bag

I recently bought this glass case from Ikea to store my Chanel babies. This is how I store them now with a felt organizer inside and the bag open to avoid putting some pressure on the leather while being stored. The chain of the Jumbo CF is resting behind the bag wrapped w/ the chain cloth from top till the side, for the Mini I put the chain inside and with the chain cloth protector on top & the GST chain just inside the bag. I use to store them before with the dust bag in my closet but never inside the box since I bought them (boxes are also displayed on top of the glass case). I know I'm bias when it comes to my Chanel babies while the rest of my bags are hidden inside my closet.;) I love them all but Chanel will always be my first love.:heart: And by the way I also live in a very humid country, summer temperature goes up to 45 deg.C (113 deg.F). So during summer my AC is always on at 20-22 deg.C even if I'm not home. :yes:

1E26BEF8-3443-4AF9-A5CC-320239B77B4F.jpeg

1B7890B8-AE00-4F4C-8EA3-B6AB3F46B043.jpeg

Last edited:
I just watched a YouTube video where someone said the tissue paper inside one her bags absorbed moisture in the environment and it made her bag smell bad. So now I’m wondering if I should take the tissue paper out of my bags! What do you all do? What is your experience with using tissue paper to stuff your bags?

I just watched a YouTube video where someone said the tissue paper inside one her bags absorbed moisture in the environment and it made her bag smell bad. So now I’m wondering if I should take the tissue paper out of my bags! What do you all do? What is your experience with using tissue paper to stuff your bags?
Sophie?!
I don’t stuff tissues and I don’t see they lose their shapes. But maybe that’s just my experiences. I wonder if it would help if you place dehumidifier close to the bags.

Reactions: jill39
Sophie?!
I don’t stuff tissues and I don’t see they lose their shapes. But maybe that’s just my experiences. I wonder if it would help if you place dehumidifier close to the bags.

Yes! Sophie! I never even thought of that. I am glad to hear that your bag hasn't lost its shape without tissue! My bags don't have any smell--but to avoid this I am going to take the tissue out.