How do you store or display your purses/bags/handbags?

I think you were reading my mind!! I store my handbags on the top shelf of my closet and I never put them in their dustbags. It's partially because I wouldn't remember what I have but it's mainly because I love looking at them. I'm not exaggerating when I say that everytime I walk into my closet, I look at all of them and am in awe of their beauty. To me, they're not just utilitarian; they're pieces of art that are extra amazing because they're useful and can go anywhere with you. I can't decide ifI should put them in their bags to protect them or keep them out so that I can enjoy them every day. (I had no idea that most people use the bags. I guess that`s an indication of how important they are.)

Omg. I am right there with you!! I have shelves on both sides of my room for my bags! Our master bedroom is actually my closet, and it makes me so happy each day when I see them all. I keep thinking I should put them in dust bags to protect them, but then I feel like it would not look as nice. More cluttered, actually! My husband also won't let me sell any of them because he likes that I have a collection! Mine are mostly coach, MK, KS, and some other random brands.... Fossil, Steve Madden, Aldo. I finally got my HG of bags in February- my very first LV. It is pure love. That one was in a dust bag till I used it though. Haha.

I previously stored them in baskets in the back of my closet. I use the dust bags to lined the baskets. i recently purchased this Handbag Holder. So far I really like it. I will keep the bags I frequently use on it.
65674244490430p.jpg

Reactions: chloe_chanel
I'm pretty new to the world of handbags. I've gathered a few to start my collection. I currently have them stuffed on a shelf in my closet, but for stuffing I've been using plastic bubble wrap. Is this bubble wrap plastic bad, and if so, please could you explain why?

Hi Tpfers!

Other than stuffing your bags with tissue paper or clothes that you dont wear, how do you store your bags?

I personally have been keeping my bags in the original boxes that I was given when purchasing, but it got to a point that its bit hard to remember or use them when I want to! (Not that I have million bags! but still)

I saw some photo of people hanging their bags or just displaying them on shelves, but was not sure which way was the best way to keep my bags without deforming and etc!

Please share your style of keeping your bags!!

Thank you!

Reactions: Shawna O
I'm a newbie in this "game", so I won't say that my way is the best way. But I keep mine hanging as I believe that this will maintain the shape of my bags, and prevent soft leather and canvas from sagging. I also have them hanging in a closet so they won't be exposed to the sun :smile:
I've considered to keep them in their dust bags, but I don't as I know this would make me use them less often..
I hope to see more experienced members share their tips and tricks, as this is an important question to be answered! :angel:

If I had
I'm a newbie in this "game", so I won't say that my way is the best way. But I keep mine hanging as I believe that this will maintain the shape of my bags, and prevent soft leather and canvas from sagging. I also have them hanging in a closet so they won't be exposed to the sun :smile:
I've considered to keep them in their dust bags, but I don't as I know this would make me use them less often..
I hope to see more experienced members share their tips and tricks, as this is an important question to be answered! :angel:
If I had the closet room and space I would probably hang it too, but since I don't, I have my purses are also stuffed and in their bags on a shelf (I know which is what?). But I NEVER store them in the boxes. The canvas and leather need to breathe! I have seen my mother's collection of wallets ruined because they were in boxes.
If you notice in the store, they too keep them in their bags in drawers away from light.