How you shorten the chain/straps thread!

how do you make the straps of the reissue really short so you can hold it like a briefcase? i think i've seen some photos of ppl carrying it like that, but i'm not sure how to go about doing it. can someone please explain how that works? tia!!

I searched for a previous post about the same topic but found nothing!

I'm wondering if any of your lovely ladies have suggestions on how to shorten the straps on the Classic Jumbo. I like wearing it double strap, but it's quite long and looks almost too big on me since i'm not that tall and it hits me right on my hip.

Any suggestions, other than asking a cobbler to shorten it permanently?

thanks in advance:dothewave:

use the chanel ribbon that came with your purchases (like ldldb did), adjust to the desired length and tie on both sides of the straps inside the bag. that's the best way! i haven't got a jumbo (might be getting one) and i'd probably do the same way! hope that helps :smile:

xoxo

I always use the white Chanel gift box ribbon in all my Jumbo flaps and tie the inside straps together as close together or as far apart as I'd like. :heart: Even though I'm 5'5", I don't like where the Jumbo normally hits haha, so I always do this. :P HTH! :smile:

Here's how I do it, I used a small piece of velcro, I had used a ribbon at first, but it kept getting in the way.

008.jpg

009-1.jpg

Reactions: Bags_4_life
hey girls...any ideas on how to shorten the straps for the jumbo flap? i'm 5'5, but i feel like the straps need to be a bit shorter to fit me right. the SA suggested using a safety pin or to tie it in a knot inside, but let me know what other ways i can do this! thanks :smile: