How do you refrain from buying?? And stay on ban?

I can't do bans at all. I have no willpower. I even wrote my self a goal and put it on my wall at work and a week later I was in the Coach store buying two bags, a wallet and three pairs of shoes. Ooops.

I think bans make me go the other way and overbuy. I have now returned two out of the three shoes and I am going to return one bag.

My goal is to only have one charge per month on my CC from Coach, that will start next month. I have six so far this month. Good thing today is the 31st.

I have 21 bags right now and can't seem to get rid of any of them. There is value in all and I would rather keep a bag than get $100 out of it. I deal with it though.

I love this forum but it has cost me a lot lately. Oh, well, its only money.

Good luck!!!

I have never been on a ban. I just did not buy a single handbag from 2002
to Fall 2006 (yes four years). There was nothing out there that caught my eye. I then bought the Coach Dylan Hobo in November 2006 and carried it for a month. I was just settling for any purse since I had not had one for four years I felt I had to buy any purse . Boy was that a mistake. Anyway
I have since found the Legacy 65th Anniversary Collection. Now I have the Ali in whiskey, the shoulder bag in Pond. I am probably going to buy the Legacy Slim tote in the tan and something from the Ergo Collection. I tell myself that I am making up for lost time (four years without a new bag).
Hopefully after the Spring Coach won't make anything I like and I will probably put myself on a self imposed ban. In any event I just sold the
Coach Dylan Hobo on Ebay and I basically paid for the Legacy Shoulder
Pond bag with that so I have not been so bad. I am trying to be good,
but with you ladies here in this forum it is soooo...... difficult.:nuts:

Ohhh... good idea. I am really thinking I need to part with some more things... I just sold a wristlet and a wallet last week... but I am thinking I need to get rid of some more things from my collection... Especially if I end up getting the "final bag before ban" bag.... Oh dear... I will be out of commission for a while if that deal goes through....:Push:

LOL... wish you would have been around last week... I sold a wallet that retailed for $188, and it sold for just over $100... I was kinda sad... it was brand new, so I thought it would go for a smidge more. :crybaby:

LOL... wish you would have been around last week... I sold a wallet that retailed for $188, and it sold for just over $100... I was kinda sad... it was brand new, so I thought it would go for a smidge more. :crybaby:

I don't like giving away stuff on ebay. It seems like some things don't go for too much but then when I want to buy, it seems like EVERYONE is bidding.

When I get the urge to buy (but sadly can't scratch it at the moment) I go through my closet and look at all the awesome stuff I already have (especially if you have NWT bags still sitting in your closet like I do.) , and remind myself that I only have TWO shoulders... (but that would look silly) and really can only carry ONE bag at a time. In essence, it's: Going Shopping In Your Closet. There's lots of lovely stuff in there. That you ALREADY paid for.

I also make lists of other things I want to/need to have... and try to keep some perspective.... and repeat to myself, "I love what I have, and I'm happy with what I have." There will always be something newer and better to lust after... life is long. Having big financial goals in mind helps. I also remind myself... if I invested that $400 today, maybe in a year I could buy something, with the profits off that money... ya know???

Good luck. I'm really trying hard not to buy clothes. :sweatdrop:

i've an excel file with all the pictures, retail price and details of bags that i consider as Must Have. whenever i feel the urge to buy i scan through my file and seeing soooo much bags in the list (especially when i add up the price) it just makes me think again which bag is really my *must* :sweatdrop:

Easy, it's called no money. I have a very indulgent mother who also likes Coach and LV so usually I do have some new goodies. :graucho: I am slowly paying off my debts, and I don't use a credit card ever.

I also have my tiki bank. It started when I made Lifetime at Weight Watchers. That was $12 a week, so I started putting that money in my bank. Now I just do $40 CASH (that's the important thing -- because I know if I have a bit extra in my checking account I will spend it) every two weeks when I get paid. It's currently ear-marked for a Disneyland trip, but who knows?

i've been buying more accessories here and there such as a minnie skinny or wristlet or even just a cute charm..that way i feel as though i've gotten a little something but it's been a more reasonable purchase
i also do not impulse buy...i take time to think about my purchase and if its the last one i ask them to hold it for me....i have found that through this forum i can also live vicariouly through many of you and your great collections!!!!

my bans never happen for long. i have zero self control and tend to buy far too impulsively.

and somehow i keep pulling money out of god knows where...

in short, i CAN'T refrain from buying. and sure as heck can't stay on a ban.