How do you all decide when it’s time to let go of a bag?

I am a member since 2010. I have lost count on how many bags I have sold and repurchase over and over again. I always have dream to only have 5 bags (mixed brand) which I will use. But until today, I failed….
Now I am more careful on selling and buying because I don’t want regrets and need to repurchase it, but it makes my life harder ! I got more and more bags on my closets and I don’t know how to stop. :crybaby:
Lol! I totally understand! I sold my monogram Neverfull three times and finally found a preloved MM with the old lining that I love. It’s staying with me this time.

Reactions: balen.girl
It depends. I have a Monogramouflage Speedy which only comes out of my closet on rare occasions, but I will never sell that bag. I have got rid of other LV bags that I wasn’t using often and have in some instances regretted it. For that reason, I probably won’t let go of any others. I got rid of a DE Sac Plat because I already had another tote in DE and I wish I hadn’t. It was in great shape, with super thick and study canvas, and had the original red microfibre lining. I only sold it because I mostly reached for my other DE tote. Sold an LE Monogram Bequia tote too because I wasn’t using it too much either, but kind of miss that one too. I guess the only one I really don’t miss is the Keepall I sold because it didn’t have a strap, and I replaced it with one that does. Think very carefully before letting anything go, especially if it’s older because you just won’t find the same quality anymore when buying new.
So true! The quality is definitely not as good lately. I also find that LV’s designs newest designs seem to be similar if not the same as their older, discontinued styles but with minor variations. The older styles eventually come back into fashion .

If I haven’t reach for it in a year. I try to let it go also I’ve been remote for years now and I’m not returning to the office so I’ve started to let go of my bag collecting, now keep 1 theme park backpack and belt bag for shorter trips, 2 everyday bags, 2 evening clutches and 2 bamboo bags for summer vibes. I’m learning to let go of extras in my life especially if don’t serve any purpose, bags included ❤️

My personal rule is : I promised myself years ago I would never re-purchase a bag (style) I've sold. It makes me think 2 or 3x before putting it "on the market". I'm an LV junkie, so 99% of my bags are Vuitton and with these price hikes and prices for all-canvas bags in the ridiculous range (let alone leather!) , It's better for me to have a vast collection that sits rather than seller regrets. Selling a bag because you need the money is a different story altogether though.
I love this promise. I guess I subconciously did this or something like this because I'm thinking twice (or thrice) before I sell, because I have done the repurchase thing, at lesser quality and more $$. Also, with the abysmal quotes these days I'll just keep what I have, even if I don't use it.

Reactions: Loriad