How did you afford your Cartier Love pieces?

Same, although it's "our" money, mine are gifted from him for anniversaries typically.
I work and buy my “reasonably” priced luxury items, but my husband funds my purchases that are more $ from his earnings. It’s “our” money but he definitely makes more than I do, so certain purchases are his gifts to me. He does 1 big gift from his work bonus each year and that’s when my cartier gifts are purchased.

Reactions: casiecn
I am waiting on something to happen at work and am rather bored, so I ended up going back several pages and reading a lot of responses here. Clearly people all have different values from each other and there are a lot of ways to approach spending, saving, and spending on luxuries for oneself. It is very personal and while I won't say there is no wrong way, there are definitely many right ways that work for different people. My personal opinion, with respect to differing opinions, is that it is best to avoid buying luxuries on credit. I have done that myself (Cartier Red Card) and it tends to create pressure I now feel I did not need. Also, while attaining luxury was a high priority for me before I had made my way in the world, I think as I've gotten older I've learned that it is very important not to let that desire get in the way of my larger financial security. I hope that is helpful to someone reading. Furthermore, please always insure your gorgeous pieces!

I was never into lux items or branded things maybe because I grew up under a rock, I started collecting Tiffany in 2021 during Covid and got obsessed since then. This year it dawned on me to get the JUC after seeing it on Insta last year 2022, I always wanted it since but never thought I could afford one, so I sold 'some' of my Tiffany pieces and funded my 1st ever Cartier piece, JUC small with diamonds bought in Feb 2023 and couldn't be more happier, 2 weeks later I bought my 2nd piece, LOVE small, half funded by selling more of my Tiffany items and half from my bonus. Now I'm on to get either the Tiffany Metro or Cartier Etincelle to finalised my stack. One day, I hope to buy a preloved Rainbow love and obviously would be selling more of my T items. Mind you I am 48yrs old so really very late in joining the Cartier world hahaha

20230304_111916.jpg

I was never into lux items or branded things maybe because I grew up under a rock, I started collecting Tiffany in 2021 during Covid and got obsessed since then. This year it dawned on me to get the JUC after seeing it on Insta last year 2022, I always wanted it since but never thought I could afford one, so I sold 'some' of my Tiffany pieces and funded my 1st ever Cartier piece, JUC small with diamonds bought in Feb 2023 and couldn't be more happier, 2 weeks later I bought my 2nd piece, LOVE small, half funded by selling more of my Tiffany items and half from my bonus. Now I'm on to get either the Tiffany Metro or Cartier Etincelle to finalised my stack. One day, I hope to buy a preloved Rainbow love and obviously would be selling more of my T items. Mind you I am 48yrs old so really very late in joining the Cartier world hahaha

View attachment 5749617
Better late than never :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Cartier_loveaffair
Just curious how everyone was able to afford to their pieces and back stories. I've wanted a YG love bracelet for about 5 years now, and I was recently promoted so I finally (kind of) have the means, but I'm feeling so guilty. Like I should be saving that money, or I feel guilty that it could help so many people. I know this is a ridiculous thought but I can't help it.. ugh. So just curious how everyone justified buying, whether you saved for a few years, or just made enough in your job to not even think about it. Just FYI background, I'm 28, have a stable job, no student loans or significant bills, just trying to save for a house.
I think this is a smart question.
Part 1 is are you looking to invest because of course property is a better investment than a designer bangle. With property though I suppose the question is are you close to buying over renting and would you be looking to live in house and then move in a relatively short period or would you be settling down in one place for foreseeable.
If the former I can see you not needing to invest that much in renovations whereas if you want to settle it’s worth getting it how you want it. I know there’s a lot of variables but getting in line what you want from a home and lifestyle is a good idea in knowing whether you can also throw in that substantial a bit of money for the bracelet.

2. The more personal question is do you love the love bangle or is your hesitation that you aren’t sure it’s really what you want? Would you be equally happy with another gold bangle? There’s nothing wrong with trying it on and thinking about it and saying no. Social media can sometimes make it feel like certain things are starters or essentials you have to have to have ‘made it’ but it won’t make you happy unless you actually love the piece and there is no shame in saying ‘for me, this is too much money for the joy it’ll give me.’
I, personally, don’t mind saying it’s out of my budget for what I’d get out of owning a love bangle.

Reactions: waterlily112