house of hello brand - 99.9% hermes copies

I don't mind trying out one as long as it is not legally fake plus it is of great quality. It has an established brand name so i guess quality should be assured. If ppl ask, i can say bag is from hoh. I won't treat it as a hermes, i see it as hoh bags n i love good designs and great quality. So this does not means i will stop hermes, I see them as 2 diff brands of same design.
But no way i will buy a no brand, or a counterfeit with the name hermes. This brand carrys the logo hoh, so I m fine with it. I m curious about it's durability, so i hope to own one to test if it last.

Did you end up purchasing one? Just curious what you thought of the quality if you did get one

I have seen those bags in hongkong, frequent there every month as my family is there. Can't deny the quality is there, but it is too alike, so i will label it as a COPY. Especially for models like picotin, constance and lindy, even the leather texture seems identical hence I am not sure how is it legitimate when it's almost 100% copy. Hermes should do something. I am definitely against these bags despite that they are STILL legally allowed.

Reactions: KittyKat65
I have seen those bags in hongkong, frequent there every month as my family is there. Can't deny the quality is there, but it is too alike, so i will label it as a COPY. Especially for models like picotin, constance and lindy, even the leather texture seems identical hence I am not sure how is it legitimate when it's almost 100% copy. Hermes should do something. I am definitely against these bags despite that they are STILL legally allowed.

I don't know what Hermes can do. You can't copyright or patent a purse design. Hermes does not own the rights to bags in the shape or style of the Birkin or Lindy or whatever. Chanel doesn't own the rights to a quilted bag with a chain strap. There's nothing legal that prevents this other company from making that same design in cheaper materials and selling it at a more affordable price to a clientele that can't pay $10K+ for a purse. Maybe as purse or Hermes enthusiasts, we're disappointed that they would just flat out copy like that, but they haven't broken any laws.

Even if these bags were being made in America or in Europe, I'm not sure that Hermes or Chanel would win a court case to stop them because you can't protect the design of the bag. You can only protect the logo, the monogram, other artistic or ornamental elements of the bag that could exist apart from the bag, but not the bag itself. So if these companies are not using those things, and it appears they aren't, then what is Hermes going to do? Argue that only wealthy people have the right to carry this particular style of bag? Probably not.

These bags don't look close to Hermès quality to me, at all, nor do they look handmade although according to several posts, they are.
Either way just another brand of many (like Teddy Blake) that makes the H designs unbranded. Totally up to the buyer what they want to carry, but unbranded it is not a counterfeit - just a knockoff. If you find the bags beautiful and they make you happy, it's certainly not illegal to carry a knockoff.

House of If You Can't Afford The Real Thing Don't Buy A Copy, is more like it.
The thing is, the vast majority of people will not recognize these as being copies/fakes/knockoffs because they're not familiar with Hermes. I wouldn't have.

The bag pictured in post 33 looks like a pretty standard bag to me. If I'd seen it, I wouldn't think "Hermes copy' because I'm not familiar with the brand. I'm sure lots of people fall in the same category.

Sharing a photo of my HOH bag (stickers on the hardware still attached). View attachment 3815326
At one glance, we won't be able to tell. But if upon scrutiny, the pebbles texture of the leather is different. The sealant used are of low quality. The shape of the bag is different if view from the sides due to the much harder leather used as compared to clemence hence it's more triangular rather than rectangular like the real lindy. The side pockets seams are obvious whereas the real lindy's pocket seams flushed nicely. The hardwares are thin and edges and corners are uneven for the one I held to compare. Hermes hardwares are very solid and perfect. I have compared one side by side and taken note of the details. The fake can fool those who don't understand hermes, but they can't fool those real hermes fans.

Last edited:
I don't know what Hermes can do. You can't copyright or patent a purse design. Hermes does not own the rights to bags in the shape or style of the Birkin or Lindy or whatever. Chanel doesn't own the rights to a quilted bag with a chain strap. There's nothing legal that prevents this other company from making that same design in cheaper materials and selling it at a more affordable price to a clientele that can't pay $10K+ for a purse. Maybe as purse or Hermes enthusiasts, we're disappointed that they would just flat out copy like that, but they haven't broken any laws.

Even if these bags were being made in America or in Europe, I'm not sure that Hermes or Chanel would win a court case to stop them because you can't protect the design of the bag. You can only protect the logo, the monogram, other artistic or ornamental elements of the bag that could exist apart from the bag, but not the bag itself. So if these companies are not using those things, and it appears they aren't, then what is Hermes going to do? Argue that only wealthy people have the right to carry this particular style of bag? Probably not.
Agree. But as I gain more knowledge of Hermes, I am more confident of telling between the real vs the fake. No matter how identical the bags looks like, they are never 100% identical. So in my opinion, it's really embarrassing carrying a non hermes bag that look almost exactly like the real brand and being "seen through".

I wonder how many people buy this bag never even knowing it's an obvious copy of a Hermes design? I wouldn't - I don't know Hermes bags at all.

I'm almost starting to feel paranoid. I definitely don't want to look like I'm trying to 'fool' and/or 'impress' people by wearing an expensive bag when it's a fake/clone/copycat. Yet in most cases I wouldn't even know since my knowledge of premier bags is very limited.