High end shampoo

I like a lot of the other suggestions such as Olaplex, Pureology, Christopher Robin, etc. Personally, I use a set from L'Occitane along with a hair mask. My hair was colored at the time, but it did wonders repairing my "straw hair", an unfortunate side effect I encountered twice while on vacation. One was from the Dead Sea in Israel and the other was from a trip to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. All of those minerals leave your skin super smooth, but it's terrible on your hair!

Reactions: JLO1
Christophe Robin is amazing!!
I also like Olaplex.
I have dry brittle ends due to hypothyroid & highlights & greying hair and Christophe Robin works miracles!

As lovely as Christophe Robin's products are as I use them specifically in the summer months,
Leonor Greyl's products are outstanding.
I have been using Philip B amber shampoo but not in the league of some of hair shampoos & products

I love Kerastase. I have tried less expensive brands over the years but I keep going back to Kerastase because their products keep my hair smooth like I used the blow dryer or straightener, but I didn’t.
Which collection do you find their best? I've never used Kerastase products but have been curious about this product line.

Which collection do you find their best? I've never used Kerastase products but have been curious about this product line.

I use the Blond Absolu line because I have blond balayage. It has hyaluronic acid which is great for moisturizing and it keeps my hair from getting dry. I had used Joico before but my hair has improved a great deal since switching back to Kerastase. I also use a Kerastase mask once a week and then a serum daily.

Before the balayage, I used one of the Kerastase moisturizing shampoo and a conditioner and it was great but I don’t recall the exact name.

Reactions: JLO1
I have always been wondering whether alot is also dependent on the water quality:

My parents used to live in Bavaria and they always had to get pretty expensive hair shampoo and conditioner to get their asian hair soft and glossy. When they moved the North Sea they noticed that it was not neccessary and that even cheap hair shampoo made their hair clean and soft.
I noticed the same they other way round. Growing up at the North Sea my hair was always soft and supershiny. When I moved for university to Bavaria one of my friend notices after some time, that my hair was stiff and hard like horse hair! I was supershocked because he was right! I found out then that the hard water in Bavaria was the reason. Here I have to use conditioner to soften my hair. Everytime back at the North Seas, where the water is very soft, my hair was way softer and healthier than in Bavaria...

I have bleached hair as you can see from my avatar, I found organic and sustainable shampoos and conditioners be a blessing to m hair.
Shampoos: biofficina toscana, la saponaria, bio a+oe and shampora
Conditioner/masks: biofficina toscana, biomarina, maternatura (especially the sunflower one)

Purify ion makes shampoo specifically for hard water if you live in an area that has hard water. A friend told me about it. I live in a place with soft water and love the Virtue line of shampoo and conditioner but it’s ridiculously priced at $48 for a mere 8 oz. it has no sulfates or parabens but suds up nicely which I like and has a very nice fragrance.

Reactions: limom

What's your hair type?

I use several lines form Kerastase, depending on my current hair health.
I have very long, highlighted hair that is relatively fine but thick.
I love the hot pink line, it makes my hair SO shiny! The conditioner is a little too light for me but the masque is fab.
The light green helps strengthen my hair post processing.
And I had some breakage during a particularly stressful few years of my life, and the white line helped thicken my hair back up.

I have the Blonde Absolu conditioner and love it and love it's fragrance.
Kerastase can seem a little too perfume for some, but I love it. My hair smells so good still once dry. I've had a girl stop me at Nords asking about my perfume. It was my hair, I'd just left salon lol.

I SWEAR by the gold Elixir Ultime after I use leave in conditioner and products in my hair, I put a tiny squeeze and distribute from ponytail down before I blow-dry.

HTH!

Reactions: JLO1 and baghagg
What's your hair type?

I use several lines form Kerastase, depending on my current hair health.
I have very long, highlighted hair that is relatively fine but thick.
I love the hot pink line, it makes my hair SO shiny! The conditioner is a little too light for me but the masque is fab.
The light green helps strengthen my hair post processing.
And I had some breakage during a particularly stressful few years of my life, and the white line helped thicken my hair back up.

I have the Blonde Absolu conditioner and love it and love it's fragrance.
Kerastase can seem a little too perfume for some, but I love it. My hair smells so good still once dry. I've had a girl stop me at Nords asking about my perfume. It was my hair, I'd just left salon lol.

I SWEAR by the gold Elixir Ultime after I use leave in conditioner and products in my hair, I put a tiny squeeze and distribute from ponytail down before I blow-dry.

HTH!
You had me at shiny! @Swanky! This is soooooooooo helpful, thank you kindly! Very thorough!
My hair is baby fine, plenty in the back, not enough on the sides (anymore lol). All one length, down to my bra in the back. Lots of highlights on natural "dirty blond."
I will be bringing your description with me to the store tomorrow!
Cheers my friend!
:drinks:

Last edited:
Reactions: Swanky