High end shampoo

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi. What’s the best shampoo / conditioner out there? I have color treated hair. I have been using Oribe gold lust but would try something else. Philip b? David mallet? Any tried and true amazing shampoo /conditioner to give shine?

2. Kerastase is my fave. The hot pink line gives shine, I use a few items from each line.

Pollie-Jean and uhpharm01 like this.
  3. I don’t color my hair but I second kerastase I switch between nutiritive line and the resistance line.

4. I find you need to treat the health of your hair to get good shine. Also, I find shine depends on your hair color or tone. Cool highlights and lighter colors make my hair dryer. I started using Orible Bright Blonde shampoo and conditioner when I first got highlights. Highlights were damaging to my hair, so I began alternating with Gold Lust shampoo and conditioner and the gold lust mask. I've also tried the Alterna Replenishing Moisture shampoo and conditioner and Olaplex shampoo and conditioner and mask and they all work well. For leave in conditioners, I like Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment. To tame fly ways, and smooth down hair, I like Davines Oi Oil.

5. Olaplex shampoo and conditioner
    Davines "love" shampoo and conditioner
    Both brands have done amazing things to my hair. I have highlights and these two just make my whole head glossy and easy to style.

6. I think there are some great hair masks out there that will give more shine versus shampoo and conditioner. A color gloss might be worth looking at. You can do clear gloss.

7. I do a clear gloss and love the results.

Lilybarb likes this.
  8. I also love the hot pink line from Kerastase. When I was coloring, the mask (called Reflection?) was the best I've ever used.
    Hmm.. I may try it again even though my hair is no longer colored.

9. I really enjoy the Strength Cure line from Pureology.

Sidurn likes this.
  10. Literally anything from Christophe Robin the prickly pear oil shampoo has been my fav for years now

doni likes this.
  11. #12 Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Philip B Russian Amber is the one luxury shampoo that I noticed a real difference in performance from. Ive been using it for five years now. Its a little strange to use at first, since its like a thick cross between honey and silly putty. However, it gives the most insane body and shine to my hair and you only use a small amount per shampoo. I alternate between the RA and “Big” from Lush - another favorite Ive been using for ages. It's similar to the Cristophe Robin Sea Salt shampoo, but, I prefer Big!

12. #13 Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    I
    I’ve had my hair colored for 3 decades (eek!) and tho I do stray, I always come back to Pureology Hydrate shampoo & conditioner, the ones in the lavender bottles. Smells amazing!
    For a deep masque, I like Drybar Mudslide. My hair is thick with wave and these products keep it very healthy. If you’re a hairspray user, Bed Head makes one that adds great shine - Masterpiece Shine Hairspray. Oh, I forgot - & like a poster above, I get my hairdresser to put a clear gloss on top of my color occasionally, or she will mix some gloss in with my color.

Diamondbrunette likes this.
  13. Alterna Instant Recovery shampoo and conditioner

14. Agree! This has become my favorite shampoo and conditioner!!!! I have baby fine hair, it's now thinning but, these products make my hair soft as silk. My hair never frizzes with this duo and the smell is divine, reminds me of Johnson' s Baby shampoo. The sad news is, I believe they just discontinued it!!!! The new version is getting mixed raves.