Hermes Troy Michigan’s Somerset Collection

I hope so too - but I don’t think it’s all 3 levels ...the upper level of the mall is just covered...I think they’ll be fine- they’ve done their due diligence and market research- I’ve been told we get a lot of Chinese tourist shopping- where people are coming into stores with wish lists for
People back home ...I think LV will expand too ...and Michigan sales tax is almost half of Chicago/ NYC and California...so I think it’s a worthwhile investment ...may not seem much but a 4% difference on a 12k bag can be a scarf ...

I hope so too - but I don’t think it’s all 3 levels ...the upper level of the mall is just covered...I think they’ll be fine- they’ve done their due diligence and market research- I’ve been told we get a lot of Chinese tourist shopping- where people are coming into stores with wish lists for
People back home ...I think LV will expand too ...and Michigan sales tax is almost half of Chicago/ NYC and California...so I think it’s a worthwhile investment ...may not seem much but a 4% difference on a 12k bag can be a scarf ...
Maybe the first floor will be the Amazon Book store? I started shopping Hermes about 23 years ago on and off and now I’m not in the market for leather goods because of the prices. I do love their housewares. Scarves will be nicer too to see them in person instead of online.
I’m surprised they’re going upstairs.

Reactions: keodi
They’re going to the first floor where Crate&Barrel was! I took pics but don’t know how to post them here.
Overheard they won’t be opening until next January. Hope that’s not true.

Last edited:
Reactions: keodi
They’re going to the first floor where Crate&Barrel was! I took pics but don’t know how to post them here.
Overheard they won’t be opening until next January. Hope that’s not true.
Gosh - I hope not !! I think they should be open by the summer at least...right ?? Maybe even April ?? A girl can dream- right ? I heard this rumor almost two years ago ...and now that the orange signs are up ..I can barely breathe I’m so excited !!!!

Gosh - I hope not !! I think they should be open by the summer at least...right ?? Maybe even April ?? A girl can dream- right ? I heard this rumor almost two years ago ...and now that the orange signs are up ..I can barely breathe I’m so excited !!!!
I feel like it’s typically six months to a year once the orange walls are up, for them to complete the buildout and open for business.