Hermes Troy Michigan’s Somerset Collection

Okay fellow Michiganders- I was again in Somerset today and I might have some intel - again, from someone who knows someone who knows someone :graucho:...that Hermes has leased the space next to the old Crate and Barrel location - not sure which level - the 1st or the 2nd level - but not the crate and barrel site- and It could be soon ...sooner than we thought...oh - I hope they open a decent- sized store with leather goods too ...I hope it’s not a dinky small store ...geeze- the new jimmy choo store is a decent size ...let’s hope and maybe collectively pray to the H-Gods it’s soon !

Okay fellow Michiganders- I was again in Somerset today and I might have some intel - again, from someone who knows someone who knows someone :graucho:...that Hermes has leased the space next to the old Crate and Barrel location - not sure which level - the 1st or the 2nd level - but not the crate and barrel site- and It could be soon ...sooner than we thought...oh - I hope they open a decent- sized store with leather goods too ...I hope it’s not a dinky small store ...geeze- the new jimmy choo store is a decent size ...let’s hope and maybe collectively pray to the H-Gods it’s soon !
I walked the mall yesterday to try to figure it out. I can’t remember though if it was first or second floor there were drawings on the outside of the space. It kind of looked like Hermes but not sure. It’s driving me crazy. Hope they have bags. I think it was next to Crate & Barrel. Who do you think is coming to Crate & Barrel’s space?

I walked the mall yesterday to try to figure it out. I can’t remember though if it was first or second floor there were drawings on the outside of the space. It kind of looked like Hermes but not sure. It’s driving me crazy. Hope they have bags. I think it was next to Crate & Barrel. Who do you think is coming to Crate & Barrel’s space?
I would love to know that too - it’s a huge gap in the mall - the mall did confirm that they had leased space to another retailer that was from out of state - but nothing has been announced as yet ! Hope they come soon - and yes- let’s hope they have leather goods- I mean - I remember quite well that the NM concession had bags - and it was a tiny space ...

Reactions: lovehermes
I would love to know that too - it’s a huge gap in the mall - the mall did confirm that they had leased space to another retailer that was from out of state - but nothing has been announced as yet ! Hope they come soon - and yes- let’s hope they have leather goods- I mean - I remember quite well that the NM concession had bags - and it was a tiny space ...
Funny maybe we should get a group together to camp out to see what’s up. I think Hermes wants the suspense. I read in an article that they won’t announce Crate & Barrel’s space for a few months. So the mall knows. I hope they have leather goods because scarfs and shoes can be bought online. NM did have bags. I remember that too. I heard Brooks Brother’s is going where Tiffany is and Tiffany will go to BB’s space. I’d love to see Hermes china too!

Reactions: Ready2wear
Funny maybe we should get a group together to camp out to see what’s up. I think Hermes wants the suspense. I read in an article that they won’t announce Crate & Barrel’s space for a few months. So the mall knows. I hope they have leather goods because scarfs and shoes can be bought online. NM did have bags. I remember that too. I heard Brooks Brother’s is going where Tiffany is and Tiffany will go to BB’s space. I’d love to see Hermes china too!
:wave: Imagine doing that !!!! Yes- they are all downsizing ...but I’ve also heard that LV was going to expand as well - don’t know where or how- that store is slammed ...ALL...THE...TIME- as are the Chanel counters - I wonder if they are going into the Anne Fontaine site ? Anne Fontaine is also moving to the old Aveda (or was it MAC?) location opposite the Optika store ?? Hmm.....I would love them to have more complete offerings- but as I mentioned before - I’ve lived in cities on two continents that had very small (read: tiny) stores that have since both expanded their footprint and opened second locations as well successfully...Michigan is, I think, more sensitive to the business cycles - however - H customers (with the exception of me - I need to fertilize my poor, sad money tree) are going to buy H no matter what ...I remember during the Great Recession that people were buying less - but buying the best quality they could afford- and H’s numbers just kept on growing ! Who knows where they’ll be ...maybe the old candy store opposite Wolford ? That’s a small space too - nice and bright - but I do think the lower level is where they should be ultimately...

Reactions: lovehermes
:wave: Imagine doing that !!!! Yes- they are all downsizing ...but I’ve also heard that LV was going to expand as well - don’t know where or how- that store is slammed ...ALL...THE...TIME- as are the Chanel counters - I wonder if they are going into the Anne Fontaine site ? Anne Fontaine is also moving to the old Aveda (or was it MAC?) location opposite the Optika store ?? Hmm.....I would love them to have more complete offerings- but as I mentioned before - I’ve lived in cities on two continents that had very small (read: tiny) stores that have since both expanded their footprint and opened second locations as well successfully...Michigan is, I think, more sensitive to the business cycles - however - H customers (with the exception of me - I need to fertilize my poor, sad money tree) are going to buy H no matter what ...I remember during the Great Recession that people were buying less - but buying the best quality they could afford- and H’s numbers just kept on growing ! Who knows where they’ll be ...maybe the old candy store opposite Wolford ? That’s a small space too - nice and bright - but I do think the lower level is where they should be ultimately...
The Anne Fontaine site sounds perfect. Maybe Hermes will go there. I think the lower level is where they should be too. Just curious who’s large enough to go into the Crate & Barrel site...hmmm Room & Board maybe from Chicago? Maybe a restaurant? We’ll see.

Reactions: WhyMrBabcock!