Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

Came back from my store’s little Holiday get together and left with an Animapolis in colorway 08! I wasn’t sure if I’d like it but I’m a sucker for blues and the periwinkle hem did me in. On a side note, Robert Chavez pointed out that the artist, Jan Bajtlik, drew his dog and inserted him in multiple places all over the scarf (akin to Faivre’s monkey).

Sadly, no other ‘19 scarves were available...

Attachments

• BE11A458-72F0-4E13-A525-D2F0618B5166.jpeg
    BE11A458-72F0-4E13-A525-D2F0618B5166.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 834
  • 81055EB8-B0BD-4777-9221-F81E5F50BB06.jpeg
    81055EB8-B0BD-4777-9221-F81E5F50BB06.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 845
Came back from my store’s little Holiday get together and left with an Animapolis in colorway 08! I wasn’t sure if I’d like it but I’m a sucker for blues and the periwinkle hem did me in. On a side note, Robert Chavez pointed out that the artist, Jan Bajtlik, drew his dog and inserted him in multiple places all over the scarf (akin to Faivre’s monkey).

Love the hem! Would you mind sharing some tied photos when you have the chance?

Reactions: GUCCIhoochie
This Bride de Gala Love is new, and I would think it's for SS19. The cw on this is rouge vif/marine/blanc. The previous cw was orange/marine/blanc for SS17, H003132SC 05.

The Bride de Gala Love twilly and gavroche are from FW17.

Bride de Gala Love H003132SC 15
View attachment 4278656 View attachment 4278657
Hunh. Well that's really interesting. Thanks for the correction, @weN84!!

Reactions: Meta
Just placed my first order of the new season from the Hermès US website: Animapolis CW1. I HAD to have this design because of one special graphic: the espresso coffee maker on the upper right of the carré. Why? Because I’m Cuban and we prepare our daily fuel in one of these. The coffee maker on this CW is the steel color of the original coffee makers that exist in every single Cuban household on the planet. Can’t wait for it to arrive!View attachment 4278918
I ultimately selected this color way, too, though for very different reasons. I was drawn to the vivid brightness of the colors, the black edging, and the use of pink.

I love it! I would love to see it tied if you get a chance. Beautiful CW... Congrats!

Reactions: GUCCIhoochie
I ultimately selected this color way, too, though for very different reasons. I was drawn to the vivid brightness of the colors, the black edging, and the use of pink.
Yay!! It’s a great CW... Needless to say, there were other features of this CW that I loved as well: the bright colors without being TOOO neon, the yellow tiger (my fav color for the tiger), the pink tongues of all the beasts, and the touches of black throughout framed by the gorgeous black contrast hem... A winner all around!

Last edited:
I just went bonkers looking around on the US Hermés website. Now, I must choose a colorway for Animapolis, which is rather difficult, because I really like four of them. I think I like the one with the big, coral colored monster the most, but that colorway is too similar to my very first Hermés purchase, the Della Cavalleria Favolosa. What is it with me and pinks and corals?

They’re awesome. I have a whole row of pinks scarves, like 20+.

Reactions: BagsRGreat

I didn’t know it was the artist’s dog. He is everywhere. It’s hilarious. This is my favorite CW.

Long time watcher and first time posting! Was in Vancouver, BC and snapped up Animopolis CW 2. Initially I did not think I would like this scarf because the reptiles kind of scared me. But IRL the colors really drew me and it ties so beautifully. It has so many beautiful shades of burgundy, green, blue, and purple. Now I love the contrast of the elegant colors with the kind of wacky design. I fell in love and it came home with me.
This is so beautiful! I am fascinated by this design. Its whimsy makes me smile! I'm hoping to get one with the orange or hot pink Godzilla character. I look forward to studying the details in this scarf! Congratulations on your new purchase, and welcome to our forum!

Love the hem! Would you mind sharing some tied photos when you have the chance?

I love it! I would love to see it tied if you get a chance. Beautiful CW... Congrats!

I’m terrible at scarf tying but I will try this weekend! (I like to buy and occasionally take them out to view like silk art:blush:)

I didn’t know it was the artist’s dog. He is everywhere. It’s hilarious. This is my favorite CW.

Getting into mischief!! Just noticed on the pic I posted that he’s in one of the windows of the building too

Reactions: hannahsophia
Thank you to all who have posted pictures! I am a bit overwhelmed ( in a good way). I think that my top choices are 90cm Animopolis (not sure which cw), Faubourg Rainbow 140 shawl, and I am holding out for the 140 triangle silk Kachinas. (I'm sure that the Kachinas will be one of the last to be released for some reason. I don't have intel, I'm just guessing because the Pawnee wash was one of the last to appear for A/W 2018.) I do think that there is something for EVERYONE this season. Bold and delicate, whimsical and serious, new designs and classic re-issues. If I were new to buying Hermes silks, I would be in HUGE financial trouble with this season! SO MANY BEAUTIES!!! (Sometimes, I just want to say, "Hermes, please stop making so many beautiful, chic, cool, classic, things at once. :biggrin:)