Hermes Singapore

This thread is NOT a chat thread.

We have had so many reports about OT unrelated topics that have nothing to do with Singapore H stores.

If you are not writing on something pointedly pertaining to a Singapore store (only) please post in the appropriate thread(s)

Reactions: LucreziaOoi
usually for luxury purchases they allow you to split credit cards, it is the same everywhere.
I have paid with several credit cards in cartier, hour glass, chanel, LV
even when LV SA sent payment link, I have managed to get my SA to split the payment in 2 so that I can pay in different credit card, haha

So I believe Hermes should be the same.
In cartier furthermore we used 5 different credit cards.
Great! Thanks!

Wondering for those who shopped at H stores but not the taka store, for huge purchases, are you able to pay with more than 1 credit card? Cos thinking of maximizing the cash rebates for purchase of huge amounts.

i did ask about splitting cards once during my purchase for a $13k bill, and was told that they prefer to keep it all under one receipt. Tried paying for my purchase and thought it was due to my own limit setting which allowed me to only purchase up to 5k/day for security purposes and amended the setting but still doesn’t work. Then realised that the SA was the one who didn’t know how to use the card fo payment (she tapped instead of inserting the chip). And this was like, after I made calls to the banks to check why my card isn’t working.

so I was under the impression that they don’t allow multiple cards payment for single receipt.

I don’t face the same issue at Cartier though. They allow different cards for payment.

I’m thinking Hermes probably have a different system as they have clients’ purchases tagged to the profile. So i think if you want to split payment will probably have to split the items to pay. For e.g. item A and B under 1 receipt and item c and d using another card under another receipt. But this doesn’t apply if it is 1 major item.

I’m thinking Hermes probably have a different system as they have clients’ purchases tagged to the profile. So i think if you want to split payment will probably have to split the items to pay. For e.g. item A and B under 1 receipt and item c and d using another card under another receipt. But this doesn’t apply if it is 1 major item.

yeah, I get that. I was paying for home ware, shoes and a bag. So I was thinking if I really had to split the bill, I would totally thought they will be able to separate the items. However that’s not the case though, she just say they prefer all on one receipt, and therefore one payment. After realising it was the way they used my card (tapping like it’s a pay wave transaction which is of course impossible because paywave limit is $2k), the transaction went through.No apology though, but now to think about it, it did put me through an awkward moment. ☹️

yeah, I get that. I was paying for home ware, shoes and a bag. So I was thinking if I really had to split the bill, I would totally thought they will be able to separate the items. However that’s not the case though, she just say they prefer all on one receipt, and therefore one payment. After realising it was the way they used my card (tapping like it’s a pay wave transaction which is of course impossible because paywave limit is $2k), the transaction went through.No apology though, but now to think about it, it did put me through an awkward moment. ☹️
Oh, I’m sorry that you had to go through that. i can imagine the awkward situation you were put in. I think it is possible to separate bills as i have done that twice not by my choice though. First time was after i paid for my items my SA asked if i wanted to see a wallet and i decided to get it so it was on a separate bill. Second time was when the elevator in the store was down. She asked me to make payment for the items i wanted on the first floor before proceeding to the second floor to make payment for items on the second floor.

Reactions: HippieHeart
Was in Liat store the other day and saw a customer giving a box of expensive chocolates to her SA.
Anybody does it too? Please clarify if it adds brownie points, or after this post, I assume many H SA’s are going to receive chocolates. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Was in Liat store the other day and saw a customer giving a box of expensive chocolates to her SA.
Anybody does it too? Please clarify if it adds brownie points, or after this post, I assume many H SA’s are going to receive chocolates. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I’m not sure that’s allowed but during CNY i saw bag of goodies at the payment counter which i assume was from the client to the store.

It’s allowed but nothing too extravagant. The SA will have to report the gift and record it down and they usually share with their colleagues if it’s food. I usually give some goodies during festive occasions to show my appreciation.

Hi hi, I understand from my SA that it’s absolutely not allowed. She can be terminated if caught receiving goodies.

many years ago, my friends will buy scarves from Indonesia to give to her SAs in Europe. This is what she does usually (shes a reseller). Not sure if this practice is allowed here in Singapore though