Hermes RTW

I have questions for those of you who shop H RTW regularly. I have been buying H bags, silks, accessories, home goods, equestrian gear—weirdly, pretty much across the store except H RTW for years, with the exception of a top or sweater here or there. I work at home and my current wardrobe is mostly high-quality separates in the range of Lafayette 148, Theory, Max Mara etc. ( $450-$700 for pants and shirts, $2,000 leathers and coats, etc.) I’d like to shift my wardrobe more toward designer RTW and am wondering the best place to start with H. Do you pick random things you like, or have you built a capsule-type wardrobe based on a few jackets or pant combos? Do you have a method? Do you shop other designers also or is H primary? Any thoughts you have would be much appreciated. :smile:

I have questions for those of you who shop H RTW regularly. I have been buying H bags, silks, accessories, home goods, equestrian gear—weirdly, pretty much across the store except H RTW for years, with the exception of a top or sweater here or there. I work at home and my current wardrobe is mostly high-quality separates in the range of Lafayette 148, Theory, Max Mara etc. ( $450-$700 for pants and shirts, $2,000 leathers and coats, etc.) I’d like to shift my wardrobe more toward designer RTW and am wondering the best place to start with H. Do you pick random things you like, or have you built a capsule-type wardrobe based on a few jackets or pant combos? Do you have a method? Do you shop other designers also or is H primary? Any thoughts you have would be much appreciated. :smile:

For me H RTW is outrageously expensive and I wouldn't choose to spend my money on H basics, wonderful though the quality may be. You can get good quality basics elsewhere. Of course, if money is not an issue than it's a different matter.

I also think that wearing an outfit that's the same brand head-to-toe is a bit much, but that's just me.

If I'm going for something that pricy I would rather invest in a few H statement pieces that stand out - printed twillaine tops or dresses, anything leather or leather-trimmed, a gorgeous cashmere coat, anything in bright/non-monochrome colors...

I like their pieces which fill a need that I wouldn’t necessarily get anywhere else - for me, especially the twillaine cardigans. They work for me most seasons here in NY - as a top layer in A/C, as an outer layer when it’s cool, as a layer under a coat when it’s cold. Also, as I tend to wear a lot of color, they tie my outfits together.