Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Hi all,
I have a fairly new jige in trench which I have only used a couple of times has gotten a stain on a prominent spot. I'm heart broken now specially I do not recall how I got the stain since I have been so careful using it.

I tried using AppleCare but to no avail, hence, I have sent it back to H. But after 2 weeks, husband's SA says that my jige is back but the spot is still pretty obvious(to her). I have not seen it but I believe that there isn't any improvement.

What do you think I should do? I was thinking if a re-dye would help, but I guess trench might be too light to cover the spot. :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_9260.JPG
    IMG_9260.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 792
Hi all,
I have a fairly new jige in trench which I have only used a couple of times has gotten a stain on a prominent spot. I'm heart broken now specially I do not recall how I got the stain since I have been so careful using it.

I tried using AppleCare but to no avail, hence, I have sent it back to H. But after 2 weeks, husband's SA says that my jige is back but the spot is still pretty obvious(to her). I have not seen it but I believe that there isn't any improvement.

What do you think I should do? I was thinking if a re-dye would help, but I guess trench might be too light to cover the spot. :sad:
Send for spa in due time
For now just enjoy

Never send for repainting outside
H will reject any future work

Send for spa in due time
For now just enjoy

Never send for repainting outside
H will reject any future work

Thanks! But just to clarify, that I have sent to to my husband's SA and she has came back to us after 2 weeks. Hence, she has probably not sent it to H spa at all?

Do you think H spa can save the situation? I'm actually willing to pay to savage the situation after all the wait for a jige all these while.

Thanks! But just to clarify, that I have sent to to my husband's SA and she has came back to us after 2 weeks. Hence, she has probably not sent it to H spa at all?

Do you think H spa can save the situation? I'm actually willing to pay to savage the situation after all the wait for a jige all these while.
From my experiences
So long not deep scratches or major cracking peeling
Most work can be done
Especially colouring issues
Best talk to craftsman personally

Thanks! I'll try talking to our SA again. Previously she was talking about a 'bald' patch surrounding the spot which I think I got from rubbing off the spot with AppleCare too hard. Not sure if this is why she didn't ask if I want to send it to the spa. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi Ladies, just a quick question. I apologise if this has already been asked but I can't seem to find an answer.

Does anyone know if any Hermes stores in London would accept a vintage (1994) Courchevel Kelly without a receipt for Spa treatment, and possibly hardware repair and a bit of a spruce up! I wasn't sure whether they accepted bags without a receipt or purchase history.

Thank you for any advice it'd be greatly appreciated xo

Hi Ladies, just a quick question. I apologise if this has already been asked but I can't seem to find an answer.

Does anyone know if any Hermes stores in London would accept a vintage (1994) Courchevel Kelly without a receipt for Spa treatment, and possibly hardware repair and a bit of a spruce up! I wasn't sure whether they accepted bags without a receipt or purchase history.

Thank you for any advice it'd be greatly appreciated xo
I took my Kelly in to Selfridges to be sent to Paris for some quite major repairs, new handle, new hardware amongst others. I have no purchase history and wasn't asked for any receipt.
I believe NBS has an on site artisan that can provide more minor repairs in London.
Hope that helps :smile:

I took my Kelly in to Selfridges to be sent to Paris for some quite major repairs, new handle, new hardware amongst others. I have no purchase history and wasn't asked for any receipt.
I believe NBS has an on site artisan that can provide more minor repairs in London.
Hope that helps :smile:

Wow thank you so much for your speedy reply Tonimichelle. Thats great news. I'm always nervous enough as it is, walking into Hermes so that really helps. I'm really hoping to buy a preloved kelly if I can get it for the right price! Do you mind me asking how much your repairs cost in total?. Feel free to pm me. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

Wow thank you so much for your speedy reply Tonimichelle. Thats great news. I'm always nervous enough as it is, walking into Hermes so that really helps. I'm really hoping to buy a preloved kelly if I can get it for the right price! Do you mind me asking how much your repairs cost in total?. Feel free to pm me. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.
PM'd you :smile:

Hi sorry i dun know if i can post this here....am a newbie and i am really confused with this site (overwhelming!)

Just wanted feedback. Vintage kelly g in circle stamp almost 40 years old...worth getting the bag? It is a used bag. Definitely needs spa...

Thanks in advance

I was told that there's a new policy coming into place:

Hermes don't authenticate bags in store - but people send the bag for refurbishment as an authentication process. If they will refurbish the bag it's real, if they refuse to refurbish it it's fake. To deter people for using the Hermes refurbishment as an authentication process they will tell you they will refuse to touch your bag but will soon not send it back but ask you to collect it at a warehouse in the suburbs of Paris.

I don't know when this policy will come into play. I can see why Hermes would implement something like that. Why waste money transferring back a product that's not even their's let alone a forgery.

I was told that there's a new policy coming into place:

Hermes don't authenticate bags in store - but people send the bag for refurbishment as an authentication process. If they will refurbish the bag it's real, if they refuse to refurbish it it's fake. To deter people for using the Hermes refurbishment as an authentication process they will tell you they will refuse to touch your bag but will soon not send it back but ask you to collect it at a warehouse in the suburbs of Paris.

I don't know when this policy will come into play. I can see why Hermes would implement something like that. Why waste money transferring back a product that's not even their's let alone a forgery.

they have always said in my store that if a fake bag is discovered at repair they will destroy it so I don't think collecting it in Paris is a deterrent for anyone. I don't think they've ever returned fake bags to customers.

Reactions: Meta
they have always said in my store that if a fake bag is discovered at repair they will destroy it so I don't think collecting it in Paris is a deterrent for anyone. I don't think they've ever returned fake bags to customers.

Pretty confident they can't legally destroy someone's property, but it builds on the policy so we agree in part.