Hermes Kelly 28 retourne wear & tear

Can you advise what/if leather conditioner was used? TIA I hope to keep mine for many years to come...

We use the Lexol brand. In fact, I like giving my bags a quick wipe with the Quick Wipes Leather Conditioner every 3 times I use my H bags to keep the leather supple. When you use it, it might be startling to see the wipe get foamy, but don't worry - it will dry with no marks whatsoever.

Reactions: Joyceshing
As long as you don’t overstuff it and abuse it, it should hold its shape well even in Togo leather with the retourne style. Since 28 is on the smaller size, you shouldn’t have any issues with slouching. Only when you get to 35/40 would you have to worry about that. :smile:
I have a 35 and adore it. I use an insert, never stuff and empty of its contents after every use. I also have a Black Sellier with ghw which I thought would be my fav but the softness and flexibly of the Retourne have won me over.

Reactions: luvs2splurge
I can’t take credit as it’s actually my mom who kept her in such good condition!

She always made sure that the bag was put back in the dust bag after every outing, with its “stuffing” put back inside. She stored it in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. When it began to sag a bit, I know she inserted old t-shirts to help keep it’s shape. Sometimes she used leather wipes to help maintain its condition. And spa! The bag went to the H spa a few times as she got older.

Hope that helps!
This is exactly how I care for my bags!

Reactions: Phiona88